What do your kids take with them?

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
As a newbie to caravanning I spend a lot of time on the forum doing my research for our first weekend away. We have three children who are all looking forward to going away in a couple of weeks, my youngest two want to take their fold-up scooters which I thought was a good idea until I read a previous post in which people were complaining about kids on bikes etc racing around the sites they go to. My children are well behaved and I'd hate to think that they spoiled someones holiday, so now I'm a bit confused as to what things are acceptable for them to play with on site??

Also, any suggestions from other parents will be gratefully received!!

Thanks,

Jules

xxx

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
mine used to take their scooters and bikes they've also taken remote control cars and one's a girl we also have a box that we keep in the van with bats, balls swingball etc

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
when my kids were younger,they use to take 2 parents with them who the kids belived had a never ending suppy of money !

we use to take board games and games like boggle which we all use to play at night time

hgv dave

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jules

We are new to caravanning also, and have just had our first trip in our new caravan at Easter. I also have 3 children, and we take their bikes with us. We also have bats and balls, and buckets and spades for when we are down by the seaside.

We just leave these in the front locker.

Do not worry about what other people will think as there will be alot more children wherever you go. I just make sure that my 3 are all in at a reasonable time, and that they have respect when they are in and around other peoples caravans.

By that I mean not shouting or playing on someone elses pitch.

Luckily, my three are very well behaved and believe me when you get to some of these sites you will wonder why you were ever worried.

You will get to know what is standard practice on site. All I have found is that everyone we have met from young to old, both with children and without have been anything but nice and friendly.

I also keep a supply of colouring books and crayons and board games in the caravan just in case it rains :-( Failing that the kids have personal dvd players, and their DS's (alot more than what we had when we were kids.)

Hope that helps

Sam x

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Julie

I've got a 3 1/2 year old , we've got the basics we leave in the van like reading books , colouring books , pencils and crayons and some (reasonably un messy) sticking down stuff.

On top of that we leave a bucket and spade , a kite and wellies for him.Depening on where we go we'll also take his bike.

He then has a small plastic storage box (little bit smaller than a crisp box) in which he can choose his own toys to take (and they have to fit in the box). Finally a selection of his favourite DVDs (usually 2 or 3).

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi as well as the usual toys and games, try finding a general wildlife book with both plants and birds etc. My two girls aged 12, and 6 love feeding the birds, and then looking them up in the book, and also going on mini beast hunts, and again looking up what they find. A magnifying glass, a bucket and a binoculars may come in handy good luck ta Julia

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
mine take, DS'S, PSP's, 1 laptop which we pinch lol, personel dvd players, crayons colouring books, word searches, books, scooters, bikes, board games, dominoes, buckets and spades aswell, badminton, swingball, spongball and balls.

i dont mind kids on bikes or scooter but they should go the same way as the cars and not be going to fast and wheel spinning.

jo-anne

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
"i dont mind kids on bikes or scooter but they should go the same way as the cars"

I think it really does depend on the age of the kids little ones shouldn't be on the roads

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Those inflatable beachballs are good. My kids have a spiderman one,frog one !. They are not as worrying as footballs. Other children come over to be-friend which is nice. ..Hmm we have to de-flate them and hide them under bunks at windy times though! Other good things are non-messy craft items like bendy straws and sticker albums.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts