What does Heki stand for?

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Ok I know they are roof lights and come in a variety of shapes and sizes BUT what the heck does heki stand for-is it an acronym for high efiiciency k i -am sure it isn't a trademark type name as there seem to be different makes-anyone shed some light (no pun intended) on the matter?

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
"No problem" in Japanese.

Not sure though in Europe it is any more than just a Brand's Trade Mark name, does for that, it need to have a meaning?

Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Do people really call any such light a Heki, irrespective of what they have?
Not that I am aware of other mainstream brands.

Ours is not a Heki, it's a Hymer specific product, that I have never noticed used elsewhere.
We have never called it a "Heki", to us it is our "skylight" or if viewing an interesting night sky the "astra dome".

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Totally confused as some are referred to as Dometic/Seitz Heki rooflights. We just refer to it as the Heki although we have two a large front one and rear aftermarket one. The front one is very susceptible to gusty winds and apart from its support guide tracks has no means of restraint. So I push some electrical cable into the guide tracks. That works fine. The smaller rear one is also, but less, susceptible but has positive keep pins in the first opening position.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve not a clue what make or brand are fitted in my caravan and I care even less, there was a large label on both which I peeled of within a day or two of owning the van, the labels were massive and looked awful.

BP

May 7, 2012
Visit site
No idea where the name comes from but it is trade name of Dometic. Presumably it was a firm they bought out some time ago but could not find anything with a quick search.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I know on our caravan it has two one Large Rooflight and small Multi -position Rooflight i have always called them Heki .
When we got our caravan we had to order a Dometic/ Seitz Midi Heki rooflight flyscreen & blind ..

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I know on our caravan it has two one Large Rooflight and small Multi -position Rooflight i have always called them Heki .
When we got our caravan we had to order a Dometic/ Seitz Midi Heki rooflight flyscreen & blind ..
Our OEM roof light above the rear lounge was a very poor design. It was double skinned but the skins were not sealed and collected so much muck. It was quite flimsy too and developed a crack. So I had a mini Dometic/ Heki etc fitted. So much better. I am considering wether to have one fitted in the toilet/ shower which is the standard type of four way rooflight but with no blind. Would make the van roof look nice and symmetrical when viewed from our bedroom. 😂

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our OEM roof light above the rear lounge was a very poor design. It was double skinned but the skins were not sealed and collected so much muck. It was quite flimsy too and developed a crack. So I had a mini Dometic/ Heki etc fitted. So much better. I am considering wether to have one fitted in the toilet/ shower which is the standard type of four way rooflight but with no blind. Would make the van roof look nice and symmetrical when viewed from our bedroom. 😂
Hi otherclive on one of our caravans we had one fitted a mini Heki in the Toilet/shower and we found it got more use .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts