What does summer '17 hold?

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
At our age, to see the end of summer will be a bonus!!!!!!!! :)
But for us the season never really stops as we go away in the van or caravan for New Year, but we've already had a couple of weeks in February in the north of England in our camper van.
18th March sees us off again, in the caravan, for a week in Yorkshire, then home to prep for six or seven weeks in Europe. July sees us in Oxfordshire for a week, then a quiet month in August.Let those who have to take school holidays have all the pitches! September, over in Lincolnshire, October, Staffordshire and back to Oxford, then to Warwickshire in November.
Somewhere, yet to be decided for New Year, then hey ho, here we go again!
It's all go being retired!

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Mrs Keith and I have just had the first weekend away in Norfolk. We've got Hertford booked next month, another in May and the main holiday to Devon on June.
While I'm not retired, I do loke my working pattern with a long weekend off every 5 weeks!!

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Really looking forward to using our first van which we bought at the tail end of last year and which has sat on our driveway ever since! So far we have booked a weekend at a CL in early May to facilitate a trip to Drayton Manor, a week at Clippesby Hall in Norfolk during May half term and a week at Golden Square in Yorkshire during August. Several weekends in late March and April pencilled in for last-minute bookings near to home so we can get the kids used to sleeping in it and me used to putting up the awning .... Once those are successfully passed I'll be booking a few more weekends at places around the Norfolk coastline for fun days at the beach in the glorious summer I'm sure we'll be having!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Being at home and enjoying the Somerset countryside after getting back from Spain April and going to Provence September. But absence reslly does make the heart grow fonder, particularly when this heart is in better shape than for years with a brand new valve.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
emmerson said:
At our age, to see the end of summer will be a bonus!!!!!!!! :)
But for us the season never really stops as we go away in the van or caravan for New Year, but we've already had a couple of weeks in February in the north of England in our camper van.
18th March sees us off again, in the caravan, for a week in Yorkshire, then home to prep for six or seven weeks in Europe. July sees us in Oxfordshire for a week, then a quiet month in August.Let those who have to take school holidays have all the pitches! September, over in Lincolnshire, October, Staffordshire and back to Oxford, then to Warwickshire in November.
Somewhere, yet to be decided for New Year, then hey ho, here we go again!
It's all go being retired!

So it's you that does all this pre-booking for the year on CC sites, no wonder I can't find a long weekend away, only joking because you might also get me banned from the site,

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
We have had our first weekend away, got 2 more this month planned, A week at Easter, a week May half term ... then on standby for the arrival of first grandchild early June. New caravan due June ... but won't be able to use it until baby arrives aargh how will I cope???? Hoping to get away early July for a weekend in new van, if it's here - then as soon as we break up from school we are off to Florida for 3 weeks (how sad is it that I am cross we won't be able to use the new caravan until potentially the 3rd week in August). At least with Alde Central Heating we will be able to caravan throughout the year now so it's not so bad having to wait.

Roll on next year I say ... hoping to be away as much as possible!

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
off to Anglesey again for, hopefully 3rd time lucky with the weather in July last 2 times it rained constantly and last year we got 3 decent days out of 2 weeks but I spent many happy times throughout my childhood exploring this island, especially the view from the top of Parys Mountain on a clear day you can't beat it fingers crossed, we can experience it again in 2017

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts