what is acceptable to put by your holiday home

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
40kg chocolate Labrador, I know we are close to Easter, but really that is just down right greedy, I'm sure the wardens attitude would change if you offered to share some with them..........................................................................
smiley-sealed.gif

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote"This year, I'm getting an inside view of life on the road. Bowtops and all that. I'll get me coat"

Oh dear Lisa, I feel you will have even more difficulty geting on any site than me, not because of the horses, but the door is neither on the Left. or Right hand side of the van !!!!

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi all
Glad you understand Damian that my comments were not aimed at anyone in patricular just replying to the post you made. I have no objection at all to kia tow vehicles, hobby caravans, dogs, childen, wind breaks, or pup tents,

It's just the combination and muliples of the above based on 40+ years experience you pickup quite a few things along the way and are wary of repeating history if you know what I mean,
smiley-embarassed.gif
there are many others also in the memory bank like pitching at the btm of the site in a hollow, nice if you like a indoor paddling pool annoying if you dont, or getting the pitch next to the ammenities block on a busy site, or the best one ever paying extra for the service pitch right at the top of the river bank 2 days BEFORE it flooded at Aberfeldy. lucky the site owner told us of the flood warning and we moved in time,

Regarding the door being on the wrong side of caravans how does one manage on the sites where the right back corner has to be just left of the marker with the jockey wheel on the little concrete square and they insist on the car parked on the left and awning on the right over the gravel standing must be really hard to oblige as turning the van round puts the a frame nose in, this would be no good on a lot of sites as all the holiday stickers would be visible in the back window.
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-cool.gif
and "yes" Steve we were told about this years ago when the kids used to collect them.

colin

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Dusty I quite agree, it doesn't matter what side the door is on. It's the people inside that count. At least thats the way I'd see it if I were the warden. Anyway with motormovers common place today, one could easily park the van the opposite way around to put the door on the right side (correct).

Like you Lisa I associate with travellers and have found the folks I deal with to be very honourable.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Oh dear Lisa, I feel you will have even more difficulty geting on any site than me, not because of the horses, but the door is neither on the Left. or Right hand side of the van !!!!

I never thought about that Damian, could be a major problem.
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Regarding which way to pitch and which side the door is on reminded me of when we stayed at Beaconsfield, Shrewsbury.
I pitched nose first using the mover so we could overlook the lake. As I was about to put down the steadies the owners daughter came running down and said I can't pitch that way. When asking why she said it was fire regulations and the doors all had to be on the right facing the caravan. As there were no other vans there I thought this a bit strange but when I asked what happened if it was a foreign van with the door on the other side she said they pitch nose first
smiley-yell.gif

Is this a case of racism against British caravans???
smiley-undecided.gif

In this great age of diversity and enlightenment, bequeathed to us by our last lamented
smiley-cry.gif
government (joke), I would have thought it would have been ok to pitch how we like within reason
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Our Burstner is now 4 years old.
We have never had any problems on site with the door being on "The wrong side".
As long as there is 6 metres between out van & the next unit all is well
smiley-cool.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
bu**er the door when do we get a share in Steve's chocolate stash......................................................all 40kg of it............drible I'm starving
smiley-innocent.gif

TRENDING THREADS