What is my car's towing weight limit?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When someone has been given the facts and the advice and it points to a less than sensible outfit, and they come back with a comment such as

thanks for the replies, helps to make some sense of it all.

So basically the car can tow loads but caravans may need a lower limit because they're relatively blunt object and are more prone to sidewinds, ok thanks.

Most of the caravans we're looking at are around 1600kgs, so with a kerbweight of 1500kg plus passengers and heavy kit in the car it could be ok.....

It leaves us wondering if the message about the choices being unwise has got through. From our point of view it looks as though the questioner needs a different approach, and to be made more aware of the reasons why it might be a poor choice.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't feel soon fed at all. I asked about the weights, I certainly don't need guilt trips about putting my family at risk. I prefer clear, factual answers, easy. Usually happy to get into a discussion if need be but yeah the will to participate was gone by then. The bit above that you quoted was in direct reply to the guy who said it was all clearly defined. 2 pages of discussion shows it's clearly not.

Parks, yep I've def lost the will to live, to read, I'd go hide in my caravan but eh haven't got one yet šŸ˜‰

Apart from the drivers licence limits and the car makers specified towing limit there arenā€™t any other mandated ones. But as the conversation has shown towing caravans safely sits in an area bounded by some guidelines and user experience. And each contributor brings their own experience to the debate. But isnā€™t that why the Romans ā€œ inventedā€ Forumsā€ I cant recall any web forum where thereā€™s much succinct debate on the more contentious issues. But to just point out it was going okay until the OP introduced the subject of Towcar Awards and his lack of understanding of licence requirements. Itā€™s often a theme that some questioners donā€™t like or understand the initial responses then the thread goes off at a tangent.

I await the noseweight question with interest šŸ¤­

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts