What is the stabilizer and his purpose ?

Jun 18, 2005
Visit site
Hello, I am a newbie and my English is not so good.

I want to know what is the stabilizer and his purpose.

I should buy it separately, or is it with the caravan (built in) ? More than that, the constructor provide the van with the stabilizer, or this is an accesory (which I may buy it or not, depends on my safety) ?

Where is the stabilizer ? On the towing hitch ? Does anyone have a photo, or something ?

Thanks in advance for your patience and for your asnwer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A stabiliser will damp out swaying and pitching to some extent and is there to improve the outfit not compensate for an inherant bad set up .That is caravan too heavy for car,nose weight incorrect, poor loading etc.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
There are various types of stabiliser, the blade type, which is less common on the Continent (you don't say where you live, Kantor) or the integrated type which includes the coupling (usually AlKo or Winterhoff). The integrated type is easily recognisable by a second handle on the coupling which is used to apply pressure through brake pads against the tow ball. You say you may be buying a Knaus caravan. Most of their models except the base models come with a stabiliser fitted as standard ex-works.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry I didn't see the bit about photo before as I was rushing !!

Have a look at www.towsure.com and you will see different types of towbar in the catalogue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts