What makes a good site good?

May 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I'm new to the caravan world and wonder if anyone can help. There are numerous recommended sites but can anyone suggest what makes a good site good and bad?

Please, any comments would be appreciated.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
David

The answer to your question will vary from person to person according to their own taste,hobbies and attached to children and or dogs

For us having neither of the above

clean loos and showers dont mind if they are not brand new with

the latest designer tiles but must be clean with plenty of hot water and preferably space to get dried in away from the wet area

friendly wardens / owners

fishing a must

as I dont drive access to public transport in case I want to venture off site whilst he is fishing

peace and quiet and no I dont mean utter silence after 10pm

but ther again a few yars ago spent more time at the Haven type of sites to keep our sons occupied as if they were kept busy and happy much nicer for mum and dad and cheaper too

Gill

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
hi david

gill gave you the answer you were looking for .Hot showers(dont have to be free,just hot whatever the time of day or night.Clean toilets,we all use them.wardens who care ,and people who care even more.

jim

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi David,

Must agree with Jim & Gill. If toilet & showers are clean this goes a long way. It is a very personal thing as you can pull onto a site and which has sounded great when you read all the bumph about it and your first impression is "have i come to the right site". Its not always practial but any time i am away from home with or without the van if i see a sign for a caravan site then i will take a look for possible future reference. Happy caravanning.

William

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
After our disasterous trip yesterday I would say one that supplies electricity on your pitch when you have paid for it and a mains water supply (which we also did not have)!

Seriously, cleanliness is a big one for us, as are polite wardens and quietness after around 11pm.

Lolly x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts