What more could go wrong

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
So prepared caravan for holiday in the Vosges region 9 days ago, as i said all parts checked. First day barrier bar went up so proceeded forward and bang ,the bar did not go right up and caught top of awning rail,First day at LA SAMARITAIN France the sun was so hot you could hardly touch the car so lazed around until the chief wanted her Corry on . Oops left the mains connector for SKY PLUS box behind, lovely Dutch guy came to rescue with continental 2 pin so used my multi connector and Wife was happy. Next night she switched on and nothing, no reception and it seemed another guy had same problem. Went on to LA BARBA in Vosges, first day lovely then 3 days rain off and on and when up in the "Balloons" the cloud was low enough in places for us to go through it.Was coming back via the Somme region and because of TOM TOM it took us through Reims and they had road works which we could not go through without going around the small turnings to avoid them.By now we still had about 100 miles to do i think and Bang, caravan swerved or swerved and bang , not sure which came first and pulled up to find tyre had blown on the side wall and the alloy wheel had the rim scrapped off.Very busy town road , no place to park safely so out came the warning sign and got on to the C&CC 0800 number(I am not able to change wheel ).All i got was a French lady saying something which i did not understand and this is the first time i have used the service in 10/15 years.Took my mobile into a nearby car dealership and asked whether they could use my phone and ring the number, much shrugging of shoulders until this young man came over still speaking French , looked at the caravan , went back got a trolley jack replaced the wheel and we were on our way, he did not want anything but i insisted so he appeared happy enough .Got to this new campsite about 1800 hrs(Freedom checks)very tired, to find it has not opened yet so went into its sister site 100m away which is about the worst site i have been on.They said park where you want, so after going around looking for water/Electrics found just one which our lead would reach.It had to happen , whilst looking at the pitch did not notice this drain which the caravan found right up to the Powertouch. Got out of that and found all the power points had tripped so had the long walk back to reception for them to reset it.Next morning found the trip had gone again and all we had on was the water heater and it was suposed to be 10 amp By this time we still had 5 more days to go but the Wife said enough is enough so quick run to Calaise and SeaFrance where we had to pay surcharge for coming back early. Oh by the way i forgot to say the fridge packed up on gas 3 days earlier, and this is our first trip after a full service, plus one stop bulb went.Its lovely being home again.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Oh, Robert, bless your heart.

There must be a gift in this somewhere for you, even if its only that you both got home in one piece! Could also be encouraging you to stay in dear old Blighty next year.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts