What portable gas BBQ

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I'm looking at getting a gas BBQ to take in the van. I've been looking at the Weber. Is this any good? or are the Cadac range better.

I see in this months mag next month the is a report on these but I would like some info before.

Perhaps Practical Caravan would like give us some advance info on their report.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers for now

Julian

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We have just bought the Cadac, and it's a brilliant BBQ.

Our came with a griddle and stir fry pan. The griddle cooks just about anything but we haven't used the wok yet.

It comes in it's own bag, with various sections for each peice of equipment, the only drawback being it is rather heavy.

Don't know anything about the Weber!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had the Weber baby Q which we used in the caravan. As a barbecue it was a good piece of kit. Had to replace it when it got damaged beyond repair and after looking around bought the Cadac. Would advise you to get the Cadac as it is much more flexible. There have been several comments on the forum regarding the weight of the Cadac, but compared to the Weber which does not dismantle for storage the Cadac is far better suited for touring.

Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
We too have bought a cadac this year and found it great we got ous from www.riverswayleisure.com found them to be the cheapest at

Me and the Hubby have a Weber Baby Q, it is fantastic.

Very Portable, good grill, lid and compact.

We looked at the Cadac but thought it was too big and heavy.

Look after it and you have got a flexible cooking option.

Em and Fouldsy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julian,

We bought a Cadac and used it for the first time bank holiday weekend, we found it brilliant, we used the griddle to cook our meat on and the stir fry pan to cook our cooked breakfast on. Haven't used the barbacue part yet. I know it is heavy but it is well worth it, wish I had bought one last year.

May 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi Julian,

We bought this one from Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3455250.htm

Comes complete with carrying case and seems to be a great piece of kit for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts