what shall we talk about.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Its a bit quiet on here. What shall we talk about? Anyone done anything interesting lately? . I bought my grandson a trampoline for his birthday, but haven't put it together yet.
Someone must have a better story than this.
mel

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mel
Here's your starters for 10. I see Travel/Vacations only get to 7 & 8 on the list. But vanning is also a hobby, so that gets to 2. Do Woosies come into 6 (and 10)?

Women’s Top Ten Favorite Conversation Topics

1. Hopes and aspirations
2. Hobbies/interests in general
3. Music
4. Dreams
5. Romance
6. Friends
7. Travel
8. Vacations
9. Movies
10. Entertainment

Women’s Top Ten Least Favorite Conversation Topics

1. Politics
2. Other dates
3. Past relationships
4. Science fiction
5. Religion
6. Celebrities
7. Science
8. Antiques
9. Money
10. History

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I've just finished sewing my hippie jeans for next week's party. 36" bottoms! Good job I had a saturday job at a bespoke tailors when I was 15. Strange how you never forget some skills.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Dustydog said:
I've just finished sewing my hippie jeans for next week's party. 36" bottoms! Good job I had a saturday job at a bespoke tailors when I was 15. Strange how you never forget some skills.
Look forward to seeing you on the next seried of the Great British sewing bee. You must post a pic when you wear them. have you got a long wig and love beads?
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Hi Mel
Here's your starters for 10. I see Travel/Vacations only get to 7 & 8 on the list. But vanning is also a hobby, so that gets to 2. Do Woosies come into 6 (and 10)?

Women’s Top Ten Favorite Conversation Topics

1. Hopes and aspirations
2. Hobbies/interests in general
3. Music
4. Dreams
5. Romance
6. Friends
7. Travel
8. Vacations
9. Movies
10. Entertainment

Women’s Top Ten Least Favorite Conversation Topics

1. Politics
2. Other dates
3. Past relationships
4. Science fiction
5. Religion
6. Celebrities
7. Science
8. Antiques
9. Money
10. History
Who compiles these lists? Much rather talk about any of the second 10 than any of the first 10. (except 6. celebrities). Anyone read any good SciFi lately?
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mel said:
Dustydog said:
Look forward to seeing you on the next seried of the Great British sewing bee. You must post a pic when you wear them. have you got a long wig and love beads?
mel

Mel
You will be impressed!

I've grown a Frank Zappa tache, blacked it up with mascarra got the long haired wig, and the love beads plus the sandals. Also the ban the bomb medallion and Pink Floyd t shirt us deep purple dyed jerkin.......

Maybe Rivendale should have a "dress up" flavour?

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
hi mel
Hope you are all well i`ve been busy on my new bike had it about 4 weeks now and loving it not as much as my caravan though.I brought her home last week for a spring clean so had my car, bike and van on the drive just need a jet ski now i think that might be is pushing my luck.
Amie`s birthday weekend yes thats weekend when i was 7 i got a couple of mates round and a cake.So far a new bike and a teddy bear party then to the local Itailian for 8 of her friends she`s only 7 but thats what the boss said is the norm these days i call it keeping up with the Jone`s
Anyway happy vanning and take care

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
kopite said:
Amie`s birthday weekend yes thats weekend when i was 7 i got a couple of mates round and a cake.So far a new bike and a teddy bear party then to the local Itailian for 8 of her friends she`s only 7 but thats what the boss said is the norm these days i call it keeping up with the Jone`s
I well remember one my daughters birthdays!! on discussing what I could buy her the wife suggested a Teddy,
smiley-laughing.gif

What!! why should she want a "Teddy Bear"
smiley-cool.gif
she is 17years old!!!.
you can understand my embarrasment when she explained
smiley-embarassed.gif
sooo glad I didn't have to go and buy it.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Mel said:
Dustydog said:
mel

Mel
You will be impressed!

I've grown a Frank Zappa tache, blacked it up with mascarra got the long haired wig, and the love beads plus the sandals. Also the ban the bomb medallion and Pink Floyd t shirt us deep purple dyed jerkin.......

Maybe Rivendale should have a "dress up" flavour?

We need pictures of the Zappa outfit!
smiley-laughing.gif

We've just come back from a long weekend in and around the Cotswolds and we stayed on a C&CC listed site between Evesham and Broadway. The site was nice and well looked after, with a spotless shower / toilet block but we were not sorry to come home. The road traffic noise was horrendous! We live in a large busy urban area but our cul-de-sac is much quieter than the site which was subject to the rubmble and roar of fast heavy traffic from well before first light until after midnight.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
kopite said:
hi mel
Hope you are all well i`ve been busy on my new bike had it about 4 weeks now and loving it not as much as my caravan though.I brought her home last week for a spring clean so had my car, bike and van on the drive just need a jet ski now i think that might be is pushing my luck.

Yes, its mega outlay these days. When I was 7 the highlight of the party was if you had pink blancmange in a rabbit mould and green jelly chopped up for grass. It was jam,paste or tomato sauce in the sandwiches, and we sat at the table on a plank across two chairs because we didn't have enough seats. Happy Days.
mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
We all read site reviews when booking & the directions to carefully follow so we get there in one piece .......
Well I had read that the road down the side of Loch Tummel was a bit tight in places, Oh yes when we went round a blind corner with the van on the back only to meet a large coach coming the otherway, he backed up & right into the side of the bank so that we could wiggle through, I won't repeat what the wife said as she looked out of her window & saw very little road....
& then a bit further on two loaded logging wagons coming towards us, good job there was a gate way for me to slip into whilst the crawled past..... Ah well the pleasures of pulling a big white box down narrow bendy B roads.....
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts