What size tyres and where to find them

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
I have a 2004 Abbey GTS Vogue 416 and want new tyres but am experiencing difficulty in finding some.The existing tyres that are Hankook show 175R14 but give no other detail other than 99/990? Searching on line when I input 175 it comes up 75 and 16?
The hand boook doesnt give tyre sizes and an email to Lowdhams the van supplier goes unanswered , I am looking for tyres that can be fitted at home any help or guidance is very welcome

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Plotter, as you have found out there is not enough info to go on there should be a profile size after the initial 175/-- perhaps it is on the back of the tyre, have a look here and hover over the tyre, all explained they may even cover your area, hope this helps.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Hi Plotter, as you have found out there is not enough info to go on there should be a profile size after the initial 175/-- perhaps it is on the back of the tyre, have a look here and hover over the tyre, all explained they may even cover your area, hope this helps.
hi kev not all tyres have a profile no, ours are hankook 175R13C ie 175 the width R for radial 13 for the rim size and C for commercial "used to grade by 6 or 8 ply" ours says 6ply because there is no profile number they are standard, or 80%. and have a load rating of 96

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
colin-yorkshire said:
hi kev not all tyres have a profile no, ours are hankook 175R13C ie 175 the width R for radial 13 for the rim size and C for commercial "used to grade by 6 or 8 ply" ours says 6ply because there is no profile number they are standard, or 80%. and have a load rating of 96
Hello Sir Chunky, I just love learning something new everyday
smiley-embarassed.gif

Before I replied I even went outside to check my van tyres!!!!!
Oh dear I do feel a silly billy now
smiley-smile.gif

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The 99 refers to the load index. If you look on Tyresafe website you will find a table giving Load Indices and you will see how much load a 99 tyre can take. Then looking at your vans MTPLM you can just make sure that the max allowable load on your tyres exceedes the MTPLM. Current advice is for tyres max load to be 10% greater than MTPLM. Hankooks are a well respected make of tyre and there is plenty of choice for good quality tyres at reasonable prices. E-tyres will fit at home and there are plenty of Internet suppliers who will mail tyres to your home or to a local tyre fitters. Make sure the wheels are torqued after refitting the wheels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts