What size window seals to buy

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm replacing the window seals on my 1998 Swift Challenger 530 SE. We've recently discovered damp in the van and traced it back to a leaky window so first thought is to replace the seal.

We've measured the window under the seal and we get 27mm but as it's damp it's a little swollen so it could be 25mm. We've also tried the other method of placing two bits of wood either side of the wall and measuring that then take away the depth of the wood. This gave us 26mm.

So, My dilemma is, do I buy 25mm Seal or 27mm Seal? I suppose the question is, will two mill make that much difference either way. This stuff is expensive and I don't want to have to do the job twice. The caravan is in the open so once the old seal is off I really need to fit the new seal the same day.

Also the bulb comes in two different sizes. I've measured mine at 10mm but tempted to get the 13mm to get a tighter window fit?

Haven't a clue where to go from here now. I'm hoping it's a simple case of all swifts of this age use one size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Gary

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeh we tried this Sprocket but I didn't want to disturb the good seals so it was difficult to get an accurate enough reading. Pain in the butt because I need to order the seal before I can contemplate taking the old one out.

Cheers

Gary

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried contacting the seal supplier and asked if they will send you a sample of each, that way you can make a couple of scrap pieces of wood to your dimensions and see which one fits best,,,, ??

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes James, I will be re-sealing the top hinge also. I'm also going to need to replace some of the window frame wood as it's rotted away. Looks like an easy job to do but I'm waiting for a dry day.

Good old British weather ey :blink:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts