What Storm?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The council have slapped a Tree Preservation Order on the monster maple at the end of my drive. I have to have planning permission to touch it. The last time I applied to get it trimmed the council would only allow a small amount of crowning but I could not reduce the size of the tree. No pollarding or pruning here. God help the people in the terraced houses that it sits alongside if it does ever come down. Seriously.
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mel said:
The council have slapped a Tree Preservation Order on the monster maple at the end of my drive. I have to have planning permission to touch it. The last time I applied to get it trimmed the council would only allow a small amount of crowning but I could not reduce the size of the tree. No pollarding or pruning here. God help the people in the terraced houses that it sits alongside if it does ever come down. Seriously.
mel
Well Mel
I'm glad I don't live at the bottom of your drive. Tree roots are the largest cause of subsidence damage to building foundations. The tree owner is usually held responsible and has to pay for the damage.
The good news for you is that the Council have slapped a TPO on you and thus if the terraces get damaged by the tree roots the Council will have to pay! Well it will be us poor Council Tax Payers
smiley-cry.gif

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I sympathise with everything you say Mel.......there is always a flaw to even the most cunning plan!
You have done every thing you can to mitigate any risk.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts