What to do at "the end of the road"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have mentioned before on this forum my preference for older caravans. Best described as cheap and cheerful they have all been perfectly presentable but had been on many happy holidays before they came to me. I think caravanning should be fun so I like it that I dont need to worry if I catch the gate post when I turn in or if the dear children next door (accidently) use it as a goalpost or the puppy chews the furniture during the night (little darling!). Unfortunately this can make things a bit tricky when it is time for a change. I dont buy from dealers so a trade-in is not possible but I have been very lucky in the past and have always found a good home for them. I sold one to a contractor who was restoring a building in the middle of Richmond park and wanted to live in it during the week to avoid commuting and another to 2 young ladies who wanted to put it in the middle of a field to store the hay and straw for their horse. Perhaps the most unusual was the chap who wanted to remove the end from my old Monza so that he could use it to transport his hovercraft, but I have a bit of a problem with our old Musketeer. We are having some work done on the house and it is in the way so it urgently needs to move from the spot by the garage where it has been happily sitting for the past 8 years. I dont know how old it is but I think its the last one with glass windows. I had someone who wanted to buy it. He was a lorry driver who passed the house every day and saw it in the drive. He had a Morris/Austin 1800 (remember the "giant land crab") and he thought it would suit his car when he took it on rallies. Unfortunately his route changed before he could collect it. If I cant think of something quickly, it will have to go to that great caravan park in the sky. I dont begrudge the £100 they will charge to take it away but it just seems a shame. Bob Flowerdew (real name) the organic gardener recommends getting an old caravan rather than a garden shed (water proof, insulated and easily moved if you want to) so perhaps I might try that. Jim.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi J&P, I have a early 70's Eccles Topaz that I bought to use as a shed when our extention was being built.That was 4 years ago and it's still being used but has now been fitted with shelves etc. The 1 owner van came with all its original paperwork and the back window is covered with stickers of Spainish sites. Sadly the roof is not in the best of condition but a bit of patching has kept it quite dry.Its painted dark blue and with the help of some trellis does not look to bad,luckily we are not overlooked anyway.

I wonder if our new gin palace vans will end up the same way?

Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
tell you what, i've been using this forum for as long as i can rember , but i seldom post ( last time july 2005) . the two posted message's above are the best i have read ,please can we have some more....pete

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I'm on the hunt for a liitle caravan I can have in the garden for the kids!! My little girl wants one with flower pots outside etc etc... beats these plastic wendy house things anytime !! Loving home waiting !!!

Tina x

May 20, 2005
Visit site
Tina this may be what your looking for http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4612656778&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm on the hunt for a liitle caravan I can have in the garden for the kids!! My little girl wants one with flower pots outside etc etc... beats these plastic wendy house things anytime !! Loving home waiting !!!

Tina x
HiTina, how "little" do you want it to be? My Musketeer is about 14ft long. Its in good condition definately not a wreck, its dry and would make an ideal play room for a child (they could even sleep in it in the summer) and, of course, its FREE! If you (or anyone else is interested please get back to me ASAP. The caravan is in South Bucks.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim Pauline

Thankyou for your kind offer, I think it;s a bit far away really for me though but thankyou for your reply.

Paul A yes something like that would be ideal,though dont have a massive garden so that looks a bit long !!!!!!!! A little two berth would do nicely!I'm sure there is one out there,didnt think of e-bay will keep an eye out !

Tina x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina, thats fine. I hope you find what you are looking for. I think its going to have to be the scrap man because we are running out of time, its a shame but it will be worth it when we have had the work done.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts