What to do on a wet afternoon.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
What to do on a wet afternoon.

Its chucking it down, the caravan is packed and ready, grass cut and everything done prior to your next trip, but you have nothing to do.

I often use Google Maps to travel to places I may never see, have a mooch around Beverly Hills. take a peak at the Russian High Seas Fleet at Severomorsk, or the Arizona, which can clearly be seen under the water at Pearl Harbour. This time, I have just finished watching Chernobyl on Sky and wondered if Google Maps was accessible in that region. Well it is. Take a walk around the Ghost towns of Chernobyl and Prypiat, and of course you have to take a digital walk to the reactor with its new dome. Prypiat is amazing, and quite spooky. The amazing thing though, is that at both towns, it appears that people are returning. Very few, but they are there.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The bad news for the people who have returned to Pripyat is that their hair and teeth might fall out and they'll become ill.
The good news is that the ambulance medics will be able to find them in the dark.
I'll get my coat :blink: ......

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The bad news for the people who have returned to Pripyat is that their hair and teeth might fall out and they'll become ill.

Is that radiation poisoning, or just getting older? You cant tell me all caravanners have been to Chernobyl. :lol:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Teddy Kennedy’s car killed more people than Three Mile Island was a poster I saw in Washington DC. More recently when on a safety systems course we were shown data on how many people dam failures had killed. Magnitudes more than nuclear.
As part of the recent loft clear out prior to moving house I came across my iodide tablets. They’ve now been binned.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
Teddy Kennedy’s car killed more people than Three Mile Island was a poster I saw in Washington DC. More recently when on a safety systems course we were shown data on how many people dam failures had killed. Magnitudes more than nuclear.
As part of the recent loft clear out prior to moving house I came across my iodide tablets. They’ve now been binned.
Iodide?
Are you sure they weren’t the bromide ones. :woohoo: :kiss: ;) :p

May 24, 2014
Visit site
What you have to remember is that radiation death, illness and other related issues such as deformities arent instantly apparent. It is always hard to put figures on such things due to time lapse.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
In the past we have hosted children from the radiation affected area in Belarus. This was via the Chernobyl lifeline link scheme. It gave them a break from the contamination. Children are the most susceptible to cancers and leukaemia from radiation.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts