What TowCar.com

Jul 24, 2005
Visit site
I am brand new to the idea of Caravaning but have found this excellent web site that gives performance figures for Cars and caravan combinations, most useful if like me you are looking to purchase a caravan. Maybe you are allready aware of it but it cant hurt to post it for your information.

Regards

Stewart

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
You are quite right STEWART it is a good reference point but be a little carefull with the results as the comparisons are not made on uk spec cars and as such can be some way out. my car was quoted as being 45 kgs lighter than it is in the uk and i have read on this forum that the site quoted another car as 200 kgs heavier than a uk spec model. great as a starting point though. and welcome to the caravvanning world you will meet many new friends and have some great holidays, since we started 7 years ago we have round about 85 nights a year away which is much better than the run of the mill 14 in the med.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stewart you are now my favourite person.The review says a perfect match for the X-Trail 2.2 and the Bailey Senator Oklahoma which we have on order

OKLAHOMA OKLAHOMA OKLAHOMA (capitals used to express loud bursting into song!)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You should be aware that these sites don't take into consideration restrictions placed on towing ability by the vehicle manuafacturer. For instance, the current batch of Toyota models have a very low tow ball weight, They are not really suitable for pulling any caravan over 1000 kg. For the Scenic, Renault gives a fair towing limit but then states in the Handbook the higher figure applies when the only the driver is in the car, add a passenger and the tow limit reduces by some 300 kg. Renault also quotes a fairly restrictive Max Train Weight (combined max weight of car and caravan) making it impossible to tow any mid-size caravan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts