What would stop you going to a particular site?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
On the whole we prefer smaller quieter sites and steer clear of sites with a plethora of entertainments, which has been especially important this year 'of the virus'. We are able to tour out of main season mainly although once out of lockdown this year we had a long internet and phone trawl to get pitches in our selected areas. We tend to opt for sites within a couple of hours from home and if travelling further use google maps to plan a coffee stop after a similar interval to break up the journey.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We prefer smaller sites with Uk Campsite we check what the site got and extras ( Do not like Entertainment or a club house prefer to go off site to pub) .. Porch Awning £2 per night x 7 = £14 dogs x2 £2 each = £28 Paying for showers
Toiletblock
Disabled Facilities
Dog welcome / Dog walk on site
Electric hook up
Hardstanding Service Pitch
Adult Section
Laundry onsite
Fishing

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Old thread,but I like it.I hate paying for shower,even more hate when you only get one key for facilities :mad:Other than that,not to fussed.If you don't like it don't return,can't please everybody,what someone loves others hate.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The site at first glance was promising, but the facilities although clean and modern comprised of one toilet incorporating also the shower with a sink. The shower could be closed off leaving the toilet available but was usually locked so that anyone wishing to use the toilet had to wait until all was vacated. This was the only immenity for a number of vans which was far from satisfactory and we will not be returning.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
What would stop us returning -

Lack of internet - either site wi-fi or signal for our 4g device - Mrs Gozza is self employed so at least needs to be able to check email daily.

Pitches too close together

Rubbish views

I think that's about it really - we probably wouldn't go to a site that had a clubhouse in the first place so I haven't included that on the reasons not to return. Same with no electric hook-up.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
View to us is way down on requirements. Decent pitch with water and waste hookup top of the list. Next would be pitches convenient to water and waste water facilities.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to a Adult Park this year the pitches were to close together when he open his car door nearly hit our van
Near Toiletblock
Lovely views but it way down our list
Reasonable prices
WiFi
No Road Noise

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Getting older so a fully serviced pitch is a first choice. Decent toilets showers. Good dog walk, and within walking distance to a hostelry 😇.
16 amp EHU. Hedged screened pitch. Level and room to sit outside reasonably private.. Views are a good bonus.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi BB which adult park was it, I hate pitches on top of each other’s.

BP
It's best to exchange this information off forum.
Please use the private messages via the envelope icon on the right of the title bar to stay within forum guidelines
20201201_170542.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts