What's happening at the February NEC show?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We went today. Much quieter than I expected, but we have only been to the October show before. Enjoyed the cookery demos, Graham powells talk and the dog agility. Didn't buy anything any more exciting than toilet chemicals but had a nose around some caravans and motor homes. Decided we bought the right van at the right price last year.
Mel

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Parksy said:
The scooters are available at the NEC for those who need them

That is correct however you need to get to them first and they are generally on the upper level by the entrance so still quite a slog from the disabled car park to the entrance. This is why we now take my own instead of hiring one at the venue. :cheer:

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
we went on Wednesday and took a list of stands I wanted to visit for specific reasons,and got a good deal on the ACSI stand all together spent four hours walking around which did my new hip no good at all.The show as its name implies has now largely been taken over by motorhomes.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Had a lovely day at the show on Friday.
Bought a few small bits and bobs and a couple of nice comfy folding chairs.
Checked out loads of awnings as not sure what we would like/need to suit our purposes so was good to get to look at lots of different ones and brought back lots of literature to study further before we decide.
Looked at all the caravans again just to be sure we picked the right one for us ;)
We will find out for sure later this week !
All in all a great day but there was a lot we missed as there was such a lot to get round in one day.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Lynnybobs said:
...and a couple of nice comfy folding chairs.

May I ask the weight of the 'nice comfy chairs' and where will you be carrying them? :)
I note that you are new to caravanning and all these 'nice' extras soon put the van and tow vehicle over the max weight limits, and therefore illegal. Please be careful, it is very easy to keep buying all these little extras - been there, done it, got the T-shirt (and the shock when I put the van on a weigh bridge). :(

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi WoodlandsCamper,

we bought two of the Kampa folding tub chairs at 3.3kg each. We will not be taking them on our first trip and probably won't take them on every trip, only if weather looks good enough to sit out and they can fit easily in the boot of the car so don't have to go in the van.
I am aware of the tow limits of my car so we will be checking weights of everything as we are new to this to make sure we are not overloaded. Also been looking into getting a nose weight gauge of some sort to check we are loaded correctly before we set out on any adventures.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Lynnybobs said:
Hi WoodlandsCamper,

we bought two of the Kampa folding tub chairs at 3.3kg each. We will not be taking them on our first trip and probably won't take them on every trip, only if weather looks good enough to sit out and they can fit easily in the boot of the car so don't have to go in the van.
I am aware of the tow limits of my car so we will be checking weights of everything as we are new to this to make sure we are not overloaded. Also been looking into getting a nose weight gauge of some sort to check we are loaded correctly before we set out on any adventures.

If you are going to invest in a nose guage, get a decent one like the Milenco calibrated noseweight gauge which generally costs around £30. It is worth its weight in gold. We use ours regularly to make sure we do not exceed the maximum loading of 100kg for the ALKO hitch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts