What's in a name

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Thankyou Daventura.

We all have opinions and I do not see why Gooner and others like him/her can say that they are antagonistic. If it is a persons view on something you cannot slate it.

I have never been a sheep and followed the masses - and I refuse to let people make me feel like I cannot express my views whatever they may be. Freedom of speech.

Less of the attitude Gooner!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Monkey. I don't take the bait like some previous correspondents on other threads, but I will respond this once & will then not comment further as I have no wish to enter into lengthy tedious debate.

I have extracted some of your comments on this topic - 1.if you are that unsociable - stay at home!!! - 2."breaker brigade" - 3.the multi coloured strips of nastiness!!!!! - 4.do you scrape the floor when you walk or can you get any lower? - 5.Just think about what you say to people Clive - sometimes it comes across as being plain not nice - is that what you are intending - if so well done your'e a master. 6.Less of the attitude Gooner!!!

I find all of these agressive, bordering on offensive and as I intimated in my earlier comment, very Captain Kangaroo-ish, almost inviting an arguement, rather than being a statement of your opinion. As you admit later in the thread, your point really was the unsocialbility of some caravanners who happened to have windbreaks, yet your initial post definitely came across as a dislike of windbreaks & parasols. You ask Why? - Answer = Why not , if it doesn't harm anyone!

You think I show attitude, I respectfully request that you examine some of your postings and compare.

Monkey, Please don't take this as a personal attack, it's just that I got fed up with the stupidity of agressive pointless arguements previously and have no wish for there return. I will say no more. Happy camping - with or without windbreaks. Gooner

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
And if you read what I put I apologised for the comment about staying at home - you did not choose to put that in. Also the other things that you quoted have been taken out of context as they were part of a very heated debate between myself and Clivev - who also said rather offensive things - so do not just pick me up on it. I am sure if I was to look back at your history you have also said offensive things I know you have to me - anyway if I can kiss and make up with Clivev surely I can with a fellow Gooner:)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gooner - I admit that I felt the same at the start - however Monkey did say she was sorry re the "stay at home" quote.

I think it should always be noted that as well that some of us do like a slight banter.

I think Monkey and I have come to an understanding and for my part - I like this person!! She has a view and says it.

Compared to the childish attention seeking "b****cks" input from Daventura Monkeys input is refreshing. After all if we were all in a pub - no doubt we could say to each other:-

"I don't agree with you on that but what are you drinking?"

i.e. grown up conversation. Very little bad language in my pub and when it happens it tends to be from the young lads who had one to many shandy's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts