What's on your French shopping list?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'll start off with the obvious - wine. I usually bring back about 50+ bottles of mainly red, a mixture of Bordeaux, Cotes du Rhone and Burgundy.

We also stock up with ground coffee to last us 12 months and jars of jam.

This year I shall be returning to Cognac to visit Remy Martin to purchase a few bottles '1738 Accord Royal' which is only available by mail order over here.

So what's on your list?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To bring back - wine, champagne, 'Rosette' - a type of sauccison, natural vanilla yoghurts, coffee, very dark chocolate, even more very dark chocolate, chestnuts 'sous vide'(with no added salt or sugar)and Lardons fume - but whilst we're they, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING apart from teabags. Sometimes if we're near the coast and there's a handy patisserie we might also bring back some sort of French Tart!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have just come back : lots of beer, lots of wine, brandy, pain au chocolat, emmental cheese, jam, water and of course all the other left overs in the fridge. I wanted some terracotta pots but we just didn't have the room. I did manage to go in to maison du monde in cite europe calais, we stayed in bien assise on Saturday night so had a wander around. The most fantastic shop I have ever been in definitely my favourite.It's nice to bring a little bit of holiday home with you.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
cases of Stella , wine , washing powder , dried dog food , Pulpe d`orange drinks , inflatable swimming pools ( half the price of here, sell them on e-bay for a tidy profit) anything that grabs your eye thats too good to miss....

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we're going over tomorrow and Paul, my husband would love to think that he'd be bringing back a tart!!!!! But then, he's got an English pudding already !!!!

Ruth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty, Have to agree, WINE, our best year though 157 in the van, suspension sank a bit, but not (calias, hypermarket stuff) mainly from the loire, or which ever area we have annul hols in. Before anyone gets upset we also *** across on the cheap day ferries when on offer and get what my hubby calls quafing wine. He drinks red so have a good cellar in our gaage now, I tipple in the white demi-sec or white methos traditional(champagne) stock take approx 300. Well its what the caravan was bought for, boots in cars are to small.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty, Have to agree, WINE, our best year though 157 in the van, suspension sank a bit, but not (calias, hypermarket stuff) mainly from the loire, or which ever area we have annul hols in. Before anyone gets upset we also *** across on the cheap day ferries when on offer and get what my hubby calls quafing wine. He drinks red so have a good cellar in our gaage now, I tipple in the white demi-sec or white methos traditional(champagne) stock take approx 300. Well its what the caravan was bought for, boots in cars are to small.
Afraid caravans are not meant for carrying wine! 157 bottles must weigh well over 2 cwt which must have taken up much of your loading margin. You were obviously lucky that you did not get pulled by the dibbles for over loading your 'van.

I carry most of my wine back in the car stowed as much as possible in the back seat area, therefore forward of the rear axle line.

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
I find that wine is a good way to get a bit of nose weight on the van :)

I mostly go for some nice big lumps of interesting cheese, the more the better!

Although, half-way through the 700-mile trip back from the south of france is not the time to find out that the fridge isn't working on 12V, especially with a pile of cheese in it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I find that wine is a good way to get a bit of nose weight on the van :)

I mostly go for some nice big lumps of interesting cheese, the more the better!

Although, half-way through the 700-mile trip back from the south of france is not the time to find out that the fridge isn't working on 12V, especially with a pile of cheese in it!
Then you've just got to eat it!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts