Whats this its next to my battery

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the on/off switch for a motor mover. You will need to turn the key a quarter turn to the down position to activate the mover after locking it on the wheels.

Reactions: Gary Riley
Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello Garry

It looks like a 12V isolator switch. These are usually fitted with a caravan mover so the mover system can be properly isolated form the battery when its not being used.
Thank you 😊 can you take a look at photo of my gas and electric panel im not to sure how it works

Attachments

• 20201027_081114.jpg
    20201027_081114.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gary
It will be a very good idea to have your new baby fully and inspected by a qualified caravan engineer . An MCEA engineer will help you.
Caravans are great adventures but in the wrong hands without annual checks can be fatal. Do you know when yours was last serviced?

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
The previous owner's stickers seem to conceal the manufacturers IDs, Ultra STORE is the water, and ultraHEAT for room heating. Ensure that you have properly bled the water taps to ensure the boiler is full of water before operating the water heater on either power mode. As above there should be a plastic clip on cowl over the gas vent on the outside of the van that should be removed before operating on gas.
The red key in the first photo is generic and if you rotate it like a bayonet (allthough only one pin) there will be a point where it can be removed. THis ensures that the motor mover is non-operation while towing.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
The slot on the bottom rim of the locker is to allow the mains lead to pass into the box - but where is the mains connector - which would normally be sited in the small compartment of the locker where your isolation key is?

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
The previous owner's stickers seem to conceal the manufacturers IDs, Ultra STORE is the water, and ultraHEAT for room heating. Ensure that you have properly bled the water taps to ensure the boiler is full of water before operating the water heater on either power mode. As above there should be a plastic clip on cowl over the gas vent on the outside of the van that should be removed before operating on gas.
The red key in the first photo is generic and if you rotate it like a bayonet (allthough only one pin) there will be a point where it can be removed. THis ensures that the motor mover is non-operation while towing.

We NEVER remove the key, it can get lost and you cannot use the mover without it.
If it is turned of and in a locker, it cannot be used when towing.
Cliff

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some tie wrap it to prevent it getting lost. I keep a spare inside the caravan in my bits and bobs box. I do that mainly as a result of one key losing good electrical contact and leaving me unable to consistently power up the mover.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Worth getting a spare in case -under 3.00 on Ebay! I have two complete sets of keys for the van and security devices, which now include an isolation key on each plus the original on a bootlace kept with the mover remote .

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I was looking for images of the van, clouded by the ABI Horizon that was/is a static caravan, and found Bardsea Leisure in Cumbria sold one recently... so your van might be pretty scarce!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts