whats wrong with my taps?

Oct 7, 2006
Visit site
The taps in my 2005 Swift have started misbehaving during my current holiday. If they haven't been used for a couple of hours, when operated they cough and spluuter exactly as they do when you first connect the water after arriving at site.
Its both sets of taps and, I think, just on the hot water side. Not totally sure about that, will try some controlled experiments in the morning. I haven't seen or found any leaks of water anywhere.
So, I'm thinking its taking in air somewhere within the hot water pipework??
There's a push on elbow fitting on the hot outlet of the truma boiler that has a overflow outlet on it. I assume there's a pressure release within this. Is it possible that air could be taken in here?? Do you have any other suggestions of possible causes and remedies? I am sick of getting splashed!
Thanks
Steve C

Oct 7, 2006
Visit site
I should have said that I have two submersile pumps and have changed them with no improvement. Although they are both old, I think it unlikely they have both failed at the same time. Likewise with the taps.I have tried them this morning, the coughing was on both taps but just on the hot side. The taps did get frosted in the winter when, despite draining down the system, I forgot to leave them open. They have been ok on previous holidays this year.

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Have had this problem on our Elddis Odyssey for a couple of years. Earlier this year, I thought i'd tracked it down to a faulty non-return valve just behind the water pump plug-in point. Whilst not in use, the water was gradually trickling back into the aqua -roll leaving an air pocket in the pipes. Whilst fitting a new valve, I ended up fitting it into another section of push fit piping which didn't appear to be linked to the non-return section of pipework at all as it appeared to lead off in the direction of the shower room. I also removed the original valve which I tested and found to be OK. All is now working as it should but I can't really explain what was going on when there was only one valve in place. Just try out a new valve and see if it works, I think mine cost approx £12 off ebay.

Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,
have you looked at the external plastic plug that you release when emptying the water heater,could be leaking there or seal on plug may be gone or even housing cracked if you did not empty properly during winter months.this can cause air intake into the system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts