Whats your favourite site for Autumn.

Page 12 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Just a walk from where we live, (when We we’re fit enough) !

Was there not too much road noise from the A38?
John
Not at all, the site is very peaceful. We walked up to the Plough for Sunday lunch- which was far more sensible doing that in the day time than in the dark (as was the case on our previous visit.) - You live in a nice part of the world John!.

Wayne

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Not at all, the site is very peaceful. We walked up to the Plough for Sunday lunch- which was far more sensible doing that in the day time than in the dark (as was the case on our previous visit.) - You live in a nice part of the world John!.

Wayne

Where is the Plough? do you mean The Old Forge at Whitminster?

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Last time we went there in the spring the mist was so heavy you had difficulty finding the pitch, and as for the views they did appear after couple of days through the rain. But it is a nice site with good pub adjacent . Oh and the roads in the area were appalling with worst potholes I've seen for a long while. A friendly neighbour offered advice for a smoother return journey.View attachment 3298
I remember the fog well , could hardly see the dogs on the ridge of the walk. Must be four five years ago

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I remember the fog well , could hardly see the dogs on the ridge of the walk. Must be four five years ago
Yes mid April 2018 and our two dogs loved running around on the hill, but I wasn’t so comfortable not being able to see them. But we enjoyed our time there despite the variable weather. As of yesterday down to one dog, sadly the little one had to leave us.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes mid April 2018 and our two dogs loved running around on the hill, but I wasn’t so comfortable not being able to see them. But we enjoyed our time there despite the variable weather. As of yesterday down to one dog, sadly the little one had to leave us.
Sorry to hear your sad news it always difficult losing a much loved pet

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear your sad news it always difficult losing a much loved pet
Thanks Beachball, yes it is sad but she was an old lady just a month short of 15 years. She had had a good life travelling here and abroad, and considering I only offered to look after her for our daughter until she calmed down I’ve had her from five months old I’ve been very lucky to have had her companionship. We still have her “ best friend’ who is almost exactly the same age and doing well, albeit with less “ spring” these days. Bit like her owners.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveA1 and Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to hear the sad news Clive. We lost our two in quick succession during lockdown. But remember all your lovely caravan trips with them both.

Last edited:
Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Beachball, yes it is sad but she was an old lady just a month short of 15 years. She had had a good life travelling here and abroad, and considering I only offered to look after her for our daughter until she calmed down I’ve had her from five months old I’ve been very lucky to have had her companionship. We still have her “ best friend’ who is almost exactly the same age and doing well, albeit with less “ spring” these days. Bit like her owners.
Can empathise as we have two dogs, oldest one is thirteen, in good health now but showing signs of her age been family member since she was five weeks old. First time I saw her she was riding on a tractor with farmer, been hooked since then and cherished member of our home. Hard to loose them but worth it for all they give to you,

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Sorry for your loss Clive. We had three dogs, two jack Russels and a Hinze's 57 dog we called Sweep, my favourite.
We lost all of them within a couple of years of each other. One died in his sleep, Sweep developed cancer,
the other at 17. both had to be put to sleep. Must admit I broke down, never had a dog since.
Sweep was none to bright, when Cindy was in season, he realised there was something he should be doing but he couldn't figure out what. As soft as grease .

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Where is the Plough? do you mean The Old Forge at Whitminster?

John
My apologies - you are right, it was the Forge (have had lovely indian food from the takeaway next door to it as well). Another establishment we drove to which we liked was the fox- not very far but I couldn't say exactly where, I steered the car with a dear friend who knows the area well navigating. Didn't eat there but seeing their meals we will do next time. Very dog welcoming- me being designated driver couldn't believe when Charlie stepped up to pinch my lemonade! (The lovely people there had already given him a nice bowl of water and posh treats!)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220519-215637~2.png
    Screenshot_20220519-215637~2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My apologies - you are right, it was the Forge (have had lovely indian food from the takeaway next door to it as well). Another establishment we drove to which we liked was the fox- not very far but I couldn't say exactly where, I steered the car with a dear friend who knows the area well navigating. Didn't eat there but seeing their meals we will do next time. Very dog welcoming- me being designated driver couldn't believe when Charlie stepped up to pinch my lemonade! (The lovely people there had already given him a nice bowl of water and posh treats!)
Nice picture

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got a couple of them, not telling, not sorry.

Have three CL,s I use One near Guist Norfolk (Wood Norton) just got back from there, Callington (Amy Tree) Cornwall, and one in the lakes, just off the A6 near Shap Cumbria . Although as the the years go by visit them less and less.

Have a few more, but don't use as much.

Now to fix the flush on my C250 packed in again LAST WEEK. (n)(n)(n) Any ideas............

Reactions: Hutch

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The OP asks about which is your favourite site for Autumn.
There's no point in posting that you have a favourite site but are not telling anyone, it's unhelpful and silly.
I've removed three such posts and will remove any similar comments that appear

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just come back from Monarch Lakeside Park CL Adults a corded gate allows entry with the CL behind it own gate 4 Large pitches 16amp electric hookup own water tap keys for shower and toilet block are left in a corded box to rear of pitch the shower block is excellent
The fishing lakes are syndicate use for members only but my wife love taking our two dogs around them but on a extension lead there is two lakeside grass pitches with electric hookup fresh water is near by but what a view
We paid £22 per night that included the two dogs ,awning electric hookup and water tap

Attachments

• DSC03100.JPG
    DSC03100.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC03105.JPG
    DSC03105.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Mel
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Just come back from Monarch Lakeside Park CL Adults a corded gate allows entry with the CL behind it own gate 4 Large pitches 16amp electric hookup own water tap keys for shower and toilet block are left in a corded box to rear of pitch the shower block is excellent
The fishing lakes are syndicate use for members only but my wife love taking our two dogs around them but on a extension lead there is two lakeside grass pitches with electric hookup fresh water is near by but what a view
We paid £22 per night that included the two dogs ,awning electric hookup and water tap

That looks lovely.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Their website shows they have made a real effort.

John
Gables farm and Monarch seem very nice, but sadly we are more or less confined to CLs with fully serviced pitches. If water tap is close by to the pitch and we can let the waste water run into the hedge, we can still manage. :D
A new favourite for us is Stonebridge Farm in Weston Super Mare. Lovely large pitches which have hedges either side and fully serviced pitches.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we booked Monarch lakeside park we ask about the grey waste is not on the pitch but the owners state this can water the bushes of the CL so we use our pipe to do this the water tap is at the back of bollard where you connect your electric hook the best thing about this site it only 60 miles from home

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts