Whats your favourite site for Autumn.

Page 10 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We always book in advance to make sure we have a great hardstanding service pitch near the toilet block sometimes we might have to change a booking depending on our two Granddaughters one might be getting in engage soon
I would be cancelling and rebooking all the time, we just go when we can.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We just had 4 nights. The site and location was really nice. But the pitch was small. As the grass was wet I could not put the car on it so had to shoe horn it onto the hard standing.

Marj did not feel very well so we never ate out as intended. We had chicken 3 nights running as that was all she felt like. But the pub is ideally located a short walk away.

So sorry, not much help.

We also had an eventful time with the caravan, but as I am just off to skittles, more later.

John

For the 'more later' bit see this link.

JOHN

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We usually go every five weeks and that why we can book in advance

I suppose it is whether you book your Caravanning around your appointments or your appointments around your Caravanning. I know this sounds really trite and doesn’t manage sudden family demands, but when we were working; leave had to be booked ahead and so everything else was made to fit around it. Now we are retired it is easy to have a “go with the flow” mind set and like you Hutch, space for trips is quickly squeezed out. Our plan for next year is to mark ring fenced Caravanning trip space on the calendar even if we don’t actually book a site in advance. We’ll see how it goes.
Mel

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I suppose it is whether you book your Caravanning around your appointments or your appointments around your Caravanning. I know this sounds really trite and doesn’t manage sudden family demands, but when we were working; leave had to be booked ahead and so everything else was made to fit around it. Now we are retired it is easy to have a “go with the flow” mind set and like you Hutch, space for trips is quickly squeezed out. Our plan for next year is to mark ring fenced Caravanning trip space on the calendar even if we don’t actually book a site in advance. We’ll see how it goes.
Mel
I did better when at work. The kids were really off our hands and elderly relatives were younger and not ailing. So dates inked in to the calendar where kept, including short notice weekends too.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I did better when at work. The kids were really off our hands and elderly relatives were younger and not ailing. So dates inked in to the calendar where kept, including short notice weekends too.

When I was working we seldom booked a site for our vacation until about a week or two before we went away. Unfortunately most long holidays had to be during the July school holidays.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Mel
Hi Mel so far we have book April . May , June , July and if something comes up we can rearrange with the Camping and caravanning club/ Caravan Club

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Going to Whitby in February for five nights and looking forward to some nice Fish & Chips at Trenchers
By most reckonings February is in winter and on a few recent posts you have said you cover and empty the caravan and do not use your van until March. Good choice then re commencing winter caravanning.

We visited Whitby last May the fish and chips were great. Have you been there before?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
By most reckonings February is in winter and on a few recent posts you have said you cover and empty the caravan and do not use your van until March. Good choice then re commencing winter caravanning.

We visited Whitby last May the fish and chips were great. Have you been there before?
Hi Clive using my brother second home in Sleights he said there been a cancellation and it our Anniversary and it a surprise for my wife coming out of retirement and helping NHS with this covid .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts