Whats your favourite site for Autumn.

Page 9 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Beachball if you want to go environmentally friendly you could give up frozen foods and go for air dried, and with fish you would be twice blessed. Very long BBE dates too. The nearest slow food market and town is Ludlow.

View attachment 2531

That looks like dried kapenta, a favourite snack on the bar. Every pub you went into in Rhodesia had a bowl on the counter and you helped yourself.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You won’t be wanting any of Icelands favourite delicacy then. Fermented shark!
Never heard of it. Is it similar to rollmops? However you use shark meat instead of prawns in a "prawn" cocktail you would swear that it was prawns. Another substitute is monkfish. I have no intention of even trying jellied eels and I have put some strange stuff down my gullet in the past. LOL! :D

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
In Australia we had smashing fish and chips a couple of times. Very nice buttered cod turned out to be shark. Perhaps they don’t have cod, I don know.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Never heard of it. Is it similar to rollmops? However you use shark meat instead of prawns in a "prawn" cocktail you would swear that it was prawns. Another substitute is monkfish. I have no intention of even trying jellied eels and I have put some strange stuff down my gullet in the past. LOL! :D
No roll mops are tasty. That stuff is ugh, but the neat spirit after each mouthful helps no end.

Reactions: Elliehome2
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
For John Cloughie,
I think your still at Devizes ! We were thinking of going down for Xmas, but price hike to £40 per pitch has overridden the trip. Can yo let me know, how the Three magpies pub is, last time I went it was Ok but cold reception. I hope the Barge was good though.
Thanks Hutch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
For John Cloughie,
I think your still at Devizes ! We were thinking of going down for Xmas, but price hike to £40 per pitch has overridden the trip. Can yo let me know, how the Three magpies pub is, last time I went it was Ok but cold reception. I hope the Barge was good though.
Thanks Hutch.
We went there in early October for a lunch still a nice atmosphere with friendly staff and good food. Beer wasn’t bad either 🍺🍺🍺

Trip Advisor recent reviews still good. Overall 4 stars.

PS Three Magpies have campsite with hard standings. Easy walk back to van.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
For John Cloughie,
Thanks Hutch.

We just had 4 nights. The site and location was really nice. But the pitch was small. As the grass was wet I could not put the car on it so had to shoe horn it onto the hard standing.

Marj did not feel very well so we never ate out as intended. We had chicken 3 nights running as that was all she felt like. But the pub is ideally located a short walk away.

So sorry, not much help.

We also had an eventful time with the caravan, but as I am just off to skittles, more later.

John

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We just had 4 nights. The site and location was really nice. But the pitch was small. As the grass was wet I could not put the car on it so had to show horn it onto the hard standing.

Marj did not feel very well so we never ate out as intended. We had chicken 3 nights running as that was all she felt like. But the pub is ideally located a short walk away.

So sorry, not much help.

We also had an eventful time with the caravan, but as I am just off to skittles, more later.

John
Thanks, its for my info , also thanks Clive,
Also our first time away at a Xmas. But family things are changing, so as usual nothing planned, I don't know how BeachBall can plan that far ahead.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Also our first time away at a Xmas. But family things are changing, so as usual nothing planned, I don't know how BeachBall can plan that far ahead.
Me too; and when we had plans they went awry before getting away in too many instances. Hence our decision to sell the caravan.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We always book in advance to make sure we have a great hardstanding service pitch near the toilet block sometimes we might have to change a booking depending on our two Granddaughters one might be getting in engage soon

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts