Whats your favourite site for Autumn.

Page 7 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB. A day at the historic Gloucester Docks is a must. Plenty of good eating places including a few floating ones. So much history to enjoy too

Reactions: Mel
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB. A day at the historic Gloucester Docks is a must. Plenty of good eating places including a few floating ones. So much history to enjoy too
DD just been looking at the distance from where we are staying this is possible at looking and the Cathedral while we are there thanks (y)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Worcester and Gloucester both have very nice historical cathedrals and Tewkesbury an abbey. Re museums try Google to see as museums are a personal thing.
We are looking forward to seeing Tewkesbury and Abbey been a market town what it like driving and parking any disabled parking ?:)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are looking forward to seeing Tewkesbury and Abbey been a market town what it like driving and parking any disabled parking ?:)
No issue parking in Tewkesbury, but Worcester can be a problem. A bit of a climb from both nearby car parks. I cannot manage it using my elbow crutches. Even with a mobility scooter the one car park near to the cathedral you may struggle. Worcester old town is pleasant to visit and if you know where to go parking should not be a problem with a BB.
At Gloucester docks there is a huge car park so no issue however I cannot recall if there is a lift in the building where the museum is located as the last time we visited I never had mobility issues. That museum is well worth a visit. Also nearby is the Gloucester Regiment museum.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
No issue parking in Tewkesbury, but Worcester can be a problem. A bit of a climb from both nearby car parks. I cannot manage it using my elbow crutches. Even with a mobility scooter the one car park near to the cathedral you may struggle. Worcester old town is pleasant to visit and if you know where to go parking should not be a problem with a BB.
At Gloucester docks there is a huge car park so no issue however I cannot recall if there is a lift in the building where the museum is located as the last time we visited I never had mobility issues. That museum is well worth a visit. Also nearby is the Gloucester Regiment museum.
Thanks for the update about parking it will be the wheelchair we have two dogs on this trip so if we go anywhere like a Museums or a Cathedral my place is outside while she enjoys .if we go to Worcester if i can park the car near everything that fine but i will be taking my blue badge on board just in case .(y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What this place like for walking our two dogs Martha Meadow Gilbert End Worcester just wanted to make sure you are allowed Thanks (y)
That is not far from the common. Try Herberts Field instead which has 5 fully serviced grass pitches and a very large field for walking the dogs around. They also have 5 hard standings but these are not serviced.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That is not far from the common. Try Herberts Field instead which has 5 fully serviced grass pitches and a very large field for walking the dogs around. They also have 5 hard standings but these are not serviced.
Where we are staying is already sorted just wanted somewhere before we get to our site we will going to Morrison Roman Way Malvern first is there a park near there so we can let them off (y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Where we are staying is already sorted just wanted somewhere before we get to our site we will going to Morrison Roman Way Malvern first is there a park near there so we can let them off (y)
Not near Morrisons, but there is Victoria Park in Pickersleigh Avenue. Not sure if they can go off lead. However further up the A449 are commons on your left between Pickersleigh Road and Cockshot Road where they can run off lead.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not near Morrisons, but there is Victoria Park in Pickersleigh Avenue. Not sure if they can go off lead. However further up the A449 are commons on your left between Pickersleigh Road and Cockshot Road where they can run off lead.
Buckman is the commons sign posted looks like from my home we will be on A449 Malvern Road to Morrisons if we cannot find it my wife will take them around there for a quickie dog walk :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Buckman is the commons sign posted looks like from my home we will be on A449 Malvern Road to Morrisons if we cannot find it my wife will take them around there for a quickie (y)
Actually if travelling to Turbles you will hardly use the A449 as you would turn onto the B4211 for about 5 miles and then turning right almost as if going to Blackmore CAMC site and would carry on past it until you get to the Turbles.
From Turbles back onto B4211 and then left into Blackmore Park Road to get to Morrisons. Your satnav should take you the best and shortest route. There will be plenty of common areas along the route as you are almost right on a common at Turbles. BTW I noticed that the Turbles is no longer a CL?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually if travelling to Turbles you will hardly use the A449 as you would turn onto the B4211 for about 5 miles and then turning right almost as if going to Blackmore CAMC site and would carry on past it until you get to the Turbles.
From Turbles back onto B4211 and then left into Blackmore Park Road to get to Morrisons. Your satnav should take you the best and shortest route. There will be plenty of common areas along the route as you are almost right on a common at Turbles. BTW I noticed that the Turbles is no longer a CL?
,Just remember we are coming from my home and it says i go on A449 to Morrisons Roman Way

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We are looking at two pubs
Farmers Arms Birtsmorton
Duke of York Inn Berrow
it depends if there is no steps and they are wheelchair friendly :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts