Whats your favourite site for Autumn.

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Leaving caravan unattended with wardens agreement. Mind you, they serve some fantastic whisky, so i might save the stamps for a new kettle.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Arrive in Norfolk and now set up on a hardstanding service pitch we brought this for using this week a Apache Monaco 240 it only got three poles we only paid £40 for it

Attachments

• DSC03041.JPG
    DSC03041.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Arrive in Norfolk and now set up on a hardstanding service pitch we brought this for using this week a Apache Monaco 240 it only got three poles we only paid £40 for it
Got a good deal there. From the weather reports it should get a mixed bag of conditions this week. Enjoy your stay.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Had cracking meal last night, anniversary plan went down a bomb. Many brownie points were scored. Only one fly in the ointment, no Theakstons, only Black Sheep. That said, no shortage of Laphroaig partaken by a log fire in the library.

I might have to go there again, now just need to arrange for a bank loan.

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
Any suggestions for sites open all year within say a 50 mile radius of the Portsmouth area. We like Fishery Creek on Hayling Island but it closes for the winter and regularly visit Lyntton Lawn in the New Forest but it would be nice to have options close to home for the winter. We tend to have 2-4 nights away so staying reasonably local maximises the time on site which is important with shorter daylight hours. We are not club members but could join.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Any suggestions for sites open all year within say a 50 mile radius of the Portsmouth area. We like Fishery Creek on Hayling Island but it closes for the winter and regularly visit Lyntton Lawn in the New Forest but it would be nice to have options close to home for the winter. We tend to have 2-4 nights away so staying reasonably local maximises the time on site which is important with shorter daylight hours. We are not club members but could join.
Wareham Forest Touring Park is nice and has access straight on to the forest cycle and walking trails.

CCC Devizes near Kennet and Avon canal.. Pub very close. Nice area to visit including Bath, Bradford on Avon, Savernake etc.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Wareham Forest Touring Park is nice and has access straight on to the forest cycle and walking trails.

CCC Devizes near Kennet and Avon canal.. Pub very close. Nice area to visit including Bath, Bradford on Avon, Savernake etc.
otherclive just look at Wareham Forest Touring park looks great another area to visit next season

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
Wareham Forest is certainly very nice. Funnily enough when we bought our caravan the dealer paid for us the spend 2 nights there when we collected it so we could try everything out.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We’ve got a week booked at moreton in marsh, went there last year and had a nice Xmas market in the village so we've
booked to be there for the Xmas market again, nice site nice village.

BP

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We have booked the C&CC site at Delamere Forest in November. Pleasant site, been before, but have mainly booked it because of the 5 minute walk to the railway station with trains to Manchester in one direction and trains to Chester in the other. Plan is to go to the Christmas markets in both places.
I do like a nice glass of Gluhwien. Misty faraway eyes emoji.
mel

Reactions: Dustydog and Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I had one like that 15 years ago. A cover for the chairs and table at night time, how many Awnings do you have now ? Or will be buying. ???

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have booked the C&CC site at Delamere Forest in November. Pleasant site, been before, but have mainly booked it because of the 5 minute walk to the railway station with trains to Manchester in one direction and trains to Chester in the other. Plan is to go to the Christmas markets in both places.
I do like a nice glass of Gluhwien. Misty faraway eyes emoji.
mel
Mel, Lidl's ar doing a very nice Gluhwien , litre bottle for about £4. 00

Reactions: Mel
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We’ve got a week booked at moreton in marsh, went there last year and had a nice Xmas market in the village so we've
booked to be there for the Xmas market again, nice site nice village.

BP
We used to go there every year and the last time was in Sept last year. At the time we thought that the site was beginning to look a bit run down with weeds growing where they should not and some areas in need of a paint job.
However as you say the village is very pleasant and Stow and Bourton are within easy travelling distance. We like Bourton and nosing around in the shops there especially the one that sells those sheepskin jackets which I can never afford. :D

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Booked Burrs Country park near Bury for a week next month .
Lots within walking distance including heritage railway, parkland and pub.
Nearby in Bury, there is a Metrolink station for greater Manchester and the city centre.

Also booked the following 4 nights at Bridge Villa Wallingford on the way back to Sussex.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
we went there early December last year and I wasn’t aware of any problems and there was quite a bit of work being done with upgraded bollards and some fully serviced pitches being installed, unfortunately we couldn’t get a serviced pitch but I can manage with fetching the water and emptying the waste as only there for a week, I think there was something on the website about improvements as well.
we want to check out the Xmas market and probably have a day at bouton as well.

BP

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
we went there early December last year and I wasn’t aware of any problems and there was quite a bit of work being done with upgraded bollards and some fully serviced pitches being installed, unfortunately we couldn’t get a serviced pitch but I can manage with fetching the water and emptying the waste as only there for a week, I think there was something on the website about improvements as well.
we want to check out the Xmas market and probably have a day at bouton as well.

BP
In Bourton besides the shop that sells those sheepskin coats and jackets a bit further along is a shop with a small front, but inside it is huge. They have a fantastic array of beautiful clocks in addition to many other items that will be of interest to OH. Makes sure you forget to take your wallet with you. LOL!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts