Whats your favourite site for Autumn.

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
You know drinking 'mothers milk' results in death! In my case [78] hopefully at least anther 10 years to see if it's true, ps, I started eating 'Chinese' in the 60's - obviously the 'slow' working variety! {Hey up luv, did you say Chinese for tea? } ;)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You know drinking 'mothers milk' results in death! In my case [78] hopefully at least anther 10 years to see if it's true, ps, I started eating 'Chinese' in the 60's - obviously the 'slow' working variety! {Hey up luv, did you say Chinese for tea? } ;)
Enjoyed one last night when we finally got the right ordered;)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We have been every year since one of the first Woosiefests. The Mill Inn on site is a real bonus, good beer and food. Excellent dog walks including river. 9 hole golf course. FSP. They even have two dog washing stations for muddy coats and paws. Super clean facilities. Canโ€™t say we have ever noticed much road noise.

Reactions: Parksy
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When we meet up i will bring a bottle of red wine ;)
Been there and would not go back. Not very disabled friendly although staff are brilliant. To get into bar / restaurant you need to get up a number of stairs. The option then is walk around and enter on the top floor where you will be sitting on your own as every oen is at the bar downstairs. You get the first round of drinks served after OH has walked down to get them and then you do not see any one,
Zilch mobile phone signal in the area even if you go into the nearest village or town. The Woosies held a get together there the following weekend. but don't think they were the Woosies then?
The pitch we were given was in a terrible position as right at the end under trees and in the shade all day. No TV signal, no satellite signal and no mobile. This was a couple of years ago do things may be changed since.
Hay on Wye is not far away and an interesting village or town to visit, but don't go there on a weekend as it is chockabloc and traffic jams are the order fo the day! IMHO there are nicer and better sites closer to Hereford and Hay on wye is not far from Hereford anyway.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been there and would not go back. Not very disabled friendly although staff are brilliant. To get into bar / restaurant you need to get up a number of stairs. The option then is walk around and enter on the top floor where you will be sitting on your own as every oen is at the bar downstairs. You get the first round of drinks served after OH has walked down to get them and then you do not see any one,
Zilch mobile phone signal in the area even if you go into the nearest village or town. The Woosies held a get together there the following weekend. but don't think they were the Woosies then?
The pitch we were given was in a terrible position as right at the end under trees and in the shade all day. No TV signal, no satellite signal and no mobile. This was a couple of years ago do things may be changed since.
Hay on Wye is not far away and an interesting village or town to visit, but don't go there on a weekend as it is chockabloc and traffic jams are the order fo the day! IMHO there are nicer and better sites closer to Hereford and Hay on wye is not far from Hereford anyway.
We did not use the restaurant or bar we always take some cans of lager and put them in the caravan and if you read it i did say a few years ago my son came with us and we had a serviced pitch i got was level he was very handy putting the awning up

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have been every year since one of the first Woosiefests. The Mill Inn on site is a real bonus, good beer and food. Excellent dog walks including river. 9 hole golf course. FSP. They even have two dog washing stations for muddy coats and paws. Super clean facilities. Canโ€™t say we have ever noticed much road noise.
DD there is a bus stop outside the site so very handy if you want to go Hereford but where we live it very quiet next time we will take some ear plugs ;)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
To answer Hurch and his original question
Preferably with a pub within 15 minutes walk. I do prefer a fully serviced pitch as with inclement weather, dragging aqua rolls and waste water around, in not great fun.

for me its Brown Moor at Hawes (off up there on Monday). Its a five minute walk into a gorgeous village, with 4 pubs/eateries almost next door to each other. The site is usual Caravan Club fair, but the gerneral beauty of the area and the local pubs and restaurants more than compensate. Fully serviced pitches are available but book up fast.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

for me its Brown Moor at Hawes (off up there on Monday). Its a five minute walk into a gorgeous village, with 4 pubs/eateries almost next door to each other. The site is usual Caravan Club fair, but the gerneral beauty of the area and the local pubs and restaurants more than compensate. Fully serviced pitches are available but book up fast.
Thingy, here is a nice little cl, not for from Hawes,
It is near to Ingleton. Which is south of Hawes
http://www.meadowfalls.co.uk/ very nice pub 5 minutes away.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

i hope you have a nice time enjoy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I know Ingleton very well, and for those that dont know it, the Falls Walk is something else, but itys Hawes for us and its a regular haunt this time of year. We leave Sunday, wedding anniv on Monday and although wifey doesnt know yet, we wont be in the caravan. I have booked us in for the night at the Stone House just outside of Hawes.

If that doesnt get me any brownie points, nowt will.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I know Ingleton very well, and for those that dont know it, the Falls Walk is something else, but itys Hawes for us and its a regular haunt this time of year. We leave Sunday, wedding anniv on Monday and although wifey doesnt know yet, we wont be in the caravan. I have booked us in for the night at the Stone House just outside of Hawes.

If that doesnt get me any brownie points, nowt will.
Only Brownie points๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts