What's yours called?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Do you have a name for your vehicle?

Our tug is "lancaster Bomber".

Big and cumbersome but carries a heavy load and she is a SHE.

I notice Emmerson refers to his RRs as SHE.

Why do most men use the female gender about cars?

Cheers

Dustydog

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good thread

We used to call our first van 'Christine' after the car in the horror film.

Everytime out with the van on the back, we used to get lost, even on trips we'd done solo for many years. We used to blame the van on having a mind of its own.

Lisa x

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Caravan - Patricia Pageant

Car1 - Selina (posh name for a posh car (VW Phaeton))

Car2 - Fiona (Kia Sportage)

Its just to keep the kids amused, honest. Its not like I'd talk about it down the pub and you won't tell anyone will you?

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Van - Poppy. We can pop here and there in HER whenever we want.

Car - Kenny (2ltr turbo diesel Citroen Picasso) when we had HIM it took a while getting used to the clutch and we'd bounce down the road, kangaroo stylee.

MM

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Many years ago Mrs Chrisbee owned a Lada (yes, we've heard all the jokes). The "L" fell off the badge so of course from then on it was refered to as "Ada".

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've never named our vehicles, but two Range Rovers ago, my grandson refered to our then car as "wacky", cos the plate was WAC. The last one ( now sadly deceased - see towcars "sad day"), was white, so Herself clled her Lily. Her replacement as of yesterday is to be called Jiminy, cos the plate is GYM.

The Royale caravan is called Regina, what else?

The Volvo is The Blob, cos the plate is BLB.

As far as I'm concerned, what they are called depends on my mood and their behaviour!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
sorry cant join in on this one,

why? I hear you ask.

Well a few months ago I referred to my van as --- She

Boy, did I get some STICK.

But please carry on it makes interesting reading.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The van no name yet.

Last car was Jo.

New car Brutus, named by Pat not me, as it is a brute to drive.

Would like to call the van Angel as she was heaven sent.

Reg thats what they named me.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Our van is Speedy - short for Speedbird.

Our care is Widey - because of the registration number, which if read out would be Widey's 4 wheel Drive! OK, it probably only makes sense to me and OH! BUT - those who flog 'Personal Registrations would be able to interpret it!

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi all

never really had any names for vehicles or vans however the motor home was allways refered to as the "BUS" as it was originally converted from a 18seater mini bus had no power steering and reminded us of the double decker used in the film "summer holiday" the only other thing we have a name for is the satnav which is called "maureen" as the voice on it sounds like maureen lipman.

ho and I nearly forgot about the old pontiac firebird with a dodgy starter and poor brakes that I named "betty" after a old girlfriend because it was hard to get going and even harder to stop.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Never got to grips with people giving a lump of metal a name. I think it is totally weird but gives me a good laugh. Each to their own I guess.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
We once had a Clio Williams which my wife called Flo Jo after the sprinter (good in the bends)

We seem to be lucky with car reg's and call our calls by what they spell,present R0SYVET

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts