wheel clamp

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I need advice about what wheel clamp I need for lunar quaser 2016

There are lots out there to suit different budgets. The Alko lozenge is very good security but can be fiddly time fit as it needs the wheel lined up accurately with the bolt receiver. I use one at home and in store but a lightweight Milenco on sites where security tends to be good.
If I was starting afresh I woul use the Milenco Wraith or equivalent Purrpleline Nemesis. Both have good security without the fiddle of the Alko. You can but Alko on EBay, Gumtree, Caravan Club classifieds. You need to identify the lozenge that fits your wheel. The Alko website has details. If required you can buy the lozenge and locks from separate sources.

Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
There are lots out there to suit different budgets. The Alko lozenge is very good security but can be fiddly time fit as it needs the wheel lined up accurately with the bolt receiver. I use one at home and in store but a lightweight Milenco on sites where security tends to be good.
If I was starting afresh I woul use the Milenco Wraith or equivalent Purrpleline Nemesis. Both have good security without the fiddle of the Alko. You can but Alko on EBay, Gumtree, Caravan Club classifieds. You need to identify the lozenge that fits your wheel. The Alko website has details. If required you can buy the lozenge and locks from separate sources.
thank you so much for advice

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Most of the clamps have their limitations but the ALKO one is the most secure but many people find it a problem to line up to fit and to fit your Lunar they seem expensive. You neeed one specific to the caravan wheels and the Lunar one costs more or at least did when I bought ours. For convenience the Nemisis or Wraith are easy to fit and seem secure, indeed we get a 10% discount on the insurance for the Nemisis.
Anything labelled lightweight is unlikely to be of the same quality, and is usually best used for a quick fit at stopovers rather than for storage. You need to check with your insurer as to what they require if you are looking at these.
The best are labelled Sold Secure Gold as they have been tested to the highest standard.
Do be aware that none are completely thief proof, but the better the clamp the safer the caravan.

Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
Most of the clamps have their limitations but the ALKO one is the most secure but many people find it a problem to line up to fit and to fit your Lunar they seem expensive. You neeed one specific to the caravan wheels and the Lunar one costs more or at least did when I bought ours. For convenience the Nemisis or Wraith are easy to fit and seem secure, indeed we get a 10% discount on the insurance for the Nemisis.
Anything labelled lightweight is unlikely to be of the same quality, and is usually best used for a quick fit at stopovers rather than for storage. You need to check with your insurer as to what they require if you are looking at these.
The best are labelled Sold Secure Gold as they have been tested to the highest standard.
Do be aware that none are completely thief proof, but the better the clamp the safer the caravan.
thank you very much for your help

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Stick with the SAS clamp. Insurance approved. You’ve already paid for it and they are easy to fit. I’ve just refurbished mine by having them shotblasted and powdercoated a nice bright yellow.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Go for the cheapest lock , that your insures requests, . The theiving beasts will cut them off, if they want Your van, they will take it away. . Twin axle, Etc, insurance companys probably don't want to chase up a stolen caravan with a tracker that the police know about. Or is it the othern way around.
Would it cost more to retrive the caravan, and storage, than a total loss. ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A good visual deterant, but the theives will cut through those in minutes.
I have seen photos of a twin axle which was stolen with alko wheel locks dragged over a mile from a storage site , then cut them off.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
[/QUOTE]
A good visual deterant, but the theives will cut through those in minutes.
I have seen photos of a twin axle which was stolen with alko wheel locks dragged over a mile from a storage site , then cut them off.
I’m sure they would. I’m not under any illusion that they provide any real level of protection, any more than an AlKo lozenge, Nemesis, Wraith etc but they do satisfy the insurance requirement. It’s just that they were two different colours and a bit rusty so I had them freshened up by bead blasting and powder coating. Someone wanted to see what they looked like earlier in the thread so I posted the picture.
Out of interest even fitting winter wheel stands would only slow them down a bit. Doesn’t take long to fit a couple of wheels after you’ve cut the chocolate padlocks off.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I understand Hutch's point but as someone who dealt in the claims I do not accept it. There are instances where a specific caravan is targeted and in that case very little will stop them but many are opportunist and in that case the one with the least defence will be the one that goes.
Possibly the best deterrent is to remove the soft furnishings and leave the blinds up to make this apparent as with out them the caravan is near useless.

Reactions: JezzerB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts