wheel trims

May 11, 2005
Visit site
hi.

i brought a new caravan in oct 205,when i took it out to try it out,on the way home i lost one of my wheel trims,usually you can tie the trims on with plastic ties,but my wheels are all metal and no holes,is it possible to stop trims coming off these type of wheels,any advice would be most gratefully recieved.

geoff.

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Goeff

Seems a very unusual arrangement-are you sure there aren't any longish narrow slots where the vertical face of the wheel meets the wide part that the tyre sits in? Is it a foreign 'van?

May 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Goeff

Seems a very unusual arrangement-are you sure there aren't any longish narrow slots where the vertical face of the wheel meets the wide part that the tyre sits in? Is it a foreign 'van?
hi eddie.

the van is a abi morning star 1999 twin axle,the only holes are the ones for the nuts.

geoff.

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
hi eddie.

the van is a abi morning star 1999 twin axle,the only holes are the ones for the nuts.

geoff.
Hi Geoff

Sounds as though you've been "unlucky".Perhaps the trim hadn't been put on right.I've been 'vanning for 28yrs. and never lost a trim yet-and never tied them on either-I pefer to be able to check the wheel nuts every couple of hundred miles (I'm a great believer in the little plastic indicators that's fitted over the nuts!)

Eddie.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts