When are a pair of mirrors not a pair?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have recently bought a pair of towing mirrors from the Towsure website. I dont know what make they are but they were advertised at @ £24.99. One has a convex mirror and is used on the drivers side, the other has a flat mirror and is for the passenger side. They both consist of a metal tube that can be clamped to the car wing miirror and a pair of rubber straps. They are adjusted by sliding the tube laterally and swivelling the mirror. I have noticed however that the tubing on both is cranked slightly in the same direction and so when fitted the one on the drivers side cranks downwards,but the passenger side one goes upwards unless it is fitted so that the mirror faces forwards!!! Has anyone else got a pair like this and if so have I been sent a 'wrong-handed' one or does one of the tubes have to crank upwards? I'm baffled!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave, the mirror head should rotate on the arm, try turning it through 180 degrees and you will have both mirror arms with the crank in the same position Richard

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave, the mirror head should rotate on the arm, try turning it through 180 degrees and you will have both mirror arms with the crank in the same position Richard
I bought a pair of these Milenco mirrors and found as you did that they are carnked up and down. Not wanting my mirrors looking "daft", I merely unscrewed the head bracket, turned it round the other way and screwed it back on, job jobbed!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts