When does your season end

Feb 23, 2024
Visit site
This year has been a mixed year weather wise but we've managed to get away 5 or 6 times for a few days or up to a week. As we are both working time is important and only have so many holidays.

Given that I love going away for a couple of nights at a time and that I am loving being away in the old caravan I was wondering when everyone else puts away the caravan for winter? Or do some keep going all year round?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
All year. Next time out is November. Then will go somewhere in January. Maybe for new year. As we don’t have to book leave from work anymore, winter travel tends to more spontaneous.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We would normally, be out all year round, but this year has been full of hospital visits for myself and as Mrs H doesn't tow anymore, we have been stuck at home.
Our season will start after October when I get my eye laser cleaned and new glasses. No reason, not to get out just stay away from windy pitches.

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
We don't generally use the caravan from October to March. I like to sit outside with some sunshine. We could easily do this at home but don't very often, we just get caught up doing other things. But I agree with the comments you should use your caravan in what ever way works for you. Try some winter trips and see how they go.

Reactions: GaryB
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hope the shoulder op goes well. Did you defer it until Autumn or was it just delayed because of backlogs. Either way it’s given you a good summer touring.
Thanks Clive. Was offered March but deferred it by choice. Recovery time is quite long so decided not to mess up our travels this year. Very good at the Bath Clinic.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we had our caravan we use April - November like been away bonfire weekend but now in the past 22 weeks had a problem with my left leg ankle been at doctors for new dressings . My right leg is infected been on a week of antibiotics, got more appointments for dressings and tissue clinic at the hospital .

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts