When this is over.......

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When this is over, where are you going to go?

We are looking at a North East tour. Durham, Berwick, StAndrews/Dundee, and then North Yorkshire on the way back.

How about you?

mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Going to Scarborough via Newark and Lincoln where I spent time with relatives as a kid. Plan to splash out and treat little lady to some nice hotels and meals out. All paid fir by the improved fuel economy of not towing a caravan. Unfortunately economy doesn’t really feature in Subaru’s dictionary. But what the heck fuel will still be cheap.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think that holiday parks will be among the last to reopen and older people will be advised to stay indoors for a long time yet, but we are hoping that we can use some of our postponed breaks before the winter.
Whatever happens we'll go somewhere, even if it's only to the oap special at Unity in Brean 🧓👵

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
After this next period of lockdown if theres going to be a further extension plus the loikes of Dorset and Cornwall still off limits, the caravan goes back on axle stands and the cover back on,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think maybe the Cl /Cs sites might open with a limit of 3 vans depending on size of the site. Let's hope.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel this is torture, "where are you going?"
Cant think about it, I have resigned myself for the van to stay on the drive, I reackon we wont be going anywhere.
Last year was a disaster what with health and business and only two short trips away,
This year was going to be the BIG getaway, more breaks and even longer periods away.
I do hope I'm so wrong !!!
Stay Safe every one.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I had a trip to the storage compound first thing to bring home afew bits home and one of the local caravan engineers was doing a service so some folk are still optomistic for this years caravanning,

Reactions: Mel
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE-sorry about the capitals but I am getting cabin fever at the mo and absolutely anywhere as long as we 're away in the caravan will do!!!

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
We've had 3 cancelled because of this virus ! So just hoping sites are open for August bank holiday then it's off to Bourton on the Water finger crossed! After that so far only got Moffat booked for new year , its got to be over by then. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m very much looking to a short hotel touring holiday which will be my first proper break since spring 2017 due to a series of family issues. But it won’t be with the van behind us.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I tend to agree with Parksy in that it might be a long time before we get away. Our priority is to try and see our daughter in South Wales and have a booking for Tredegar House outstanding but my feeling is we will have to put it back until at least Seprtember if we manage to do it at all.

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi Dustydog, I can see why you may chuckle at this. But I live in Cornwall, we have just one Hospital trust (one true acute hospital - Treliske) in the County (those in S/E Cornwall are treated by secondary care in Plymouth.) Travel for healthcare can be a challenge for some as indeed the is supply of necessary goods and services.
Cornwall does want, and value visitors so highly and indeed it's economy relies massively on tourism: it's just not the right time - Second home owners should have stayed in their primary homes (save those who were here in advance of suspicion the lock down).
As with other places the goal is to care for, feed and provide the necessities to its residents: of which many are older and vulnerable... which is itself a stretch. I hope this does not sound in any way mean, its certainly not meant to. (The reports of behaviour of a certain TV chef who on retreating to his massive pad, had his swimming pool engineers in etc have not helped.)
An economic disaster in time can be recovered from, no lives lost can be replaced.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Well said Wayne.
We had booked a pitch for a couple of weeks near to St Ives for May which we paid our deposit for.
We postponed our holiday until this crisis is over and were happy to leave our deposit with the holiday park in the hope that it, with others, will help the park owners to weather this storm.
Our deposit will be good for when we can have the pleasure of staying at this wonderful place again.

Reactions: WayneS
Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Cheers Parsky, I know Cornwall will be delighted to open its arms and to welcome you........ and indeed to relieve you of a couple of Pounds and Pennies as soon as safe and able! ;-)

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thank you Wayne . I know the Treliske hospital well having been involved in the new construction some years ago. My point was simply the contradiction arising . I fully appreciate in these bad times the Cornish NHS can’t cope with an influx of people. Just a shame the Tourist Board bloke didn’t think more carefully.

Reactions: Parksy and WayneS
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Cheers Parsky, I know Cornwall will be delighted to open its arms and to welcome you........ and indeed to relieve you of a couple of Pounds and Pennies as soon as safe and able! ;-)
Wayne we do intend to visit when this is over but I have a problem now, as you are not controlling the seagulls this year it means I will have to buy TWO cornish pasties, one for me and one for the seagulls to snatch:LOL::cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Dustydog and Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering if the National Trust sites such as Houghton Mill in Huntingdon, will open at all this year. A big waiting game eh.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I want to get away like the next caravanner but you have only got to listen to the news and the lockdown is going to go on I doubt very much if restaurants, pubs and other facilities will still be there to open later this year,

Reactions: Hutch and Parksy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts