Where are we going in April

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We’re off to Hollym just outside withernsea East Yorkshire for the bank hol weekend. First time we’ll have been away since October half term. Just 3 nights and local but a run out ready for a week in Pickering end May / june
North Yorkshire must be the “go to” destination. Beachball is there, we go in a weeks time and now you. Let’s hope the drought continues.

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
We go to a Pickering pretty much every year. We love westgate carr farm and the owners have become good friends too so it’s a bit like a catch up. Lol but yes, no where better than North Yorkshire I don’t think.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We go to a Pickering pretty much every year. We love westgate carr farm and the owners have become good friends too so it’s a bit like a catch up. Lol but yes, no where better than North Yorkshire I don’t think.
Hi Chris I hope you have a nice break at present it a lovely sunny morning in Pickering

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hutton le Hole the CL near the cafe and Crown.
Yes thats a lovely site, only bad point is that you have to go,into the outlying villages to get any supplies, but a day in the pubs in Pickering is great. And I managed to get past the chocolate factory on the way to the pub.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes thats a lovely site, only bad point is that you have to go,into the outlying villages to get any supplies, but a day in the pubs in Pickering is great. And I managed to get past the chocolate factory on the way to the pub.

I have even booked the pub for 17 May evening to celebrate showers opening and indoor dining. Outdoors in Yorkshire may not be the alfresco delight shown in the tourist ads. It could probably be colder than the oysters on ice.

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have even booked the pub for 17 May evening to celebrate showers opening and indoor dining. Outdoors in Yorkshire may not be the alfresco delight shown in the tourist ads. It could probably be colder than the oysters on ice.
Well the curse continues. The Crown have just rang and told me they will not be opening on May 17th. So I have rebooked for 19th May and don't mind delaying the shower by two days.

• Wow
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The last time I went there, we had a real hiccup on the last couple of days. On thursday, wife had to go to a funeral in Newcastle, and I suddenly had an hospital appointment back in Milton Keynes, for the Thursday. Dropped wife off, drove down to MK, had hospital appointment, drove back to Newcastle in time for the wake, then came back to H le H. Across the moors in the dusk / early evening. In time to get a few pints in the pub. A tiring 550 mile daytrip. And then home on the Sunday.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The last time I went there, we had a real hiccup on the last couple of days. On thursday, wife had to go to a funeral in Newcastle, and I suddenly had an hospital appointment back in Milton Keynes, for the Thursday. Dropped wife off, drove down to MK, had hospital appointment, drove back to Newcastle in time for the wake, then came back to H le H. Across the moors in the dusk / early evening. In time to get a few pints in the pub. A tiring 550 mile daytrip. And then home on the Sunday.
I bet the first couple of beers hardly touched the sides. The was some day out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts