Where can I buy new bathroom units

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi Folks. I have just purchased a Elddis Swift 510 (6 Berth) and the corner vanity unit and sink have seen better days. Despite googling I have not found any parts that are suitable, they all come up for indoor bathrooms within the home (very frustrating). I just wondered if there are any owners out there that have a stockist that they use.

I am about to insure the van but the previous owner had no idea as they only had it 6 months. Is there any quick way to find this out?

I am a seasoned camper but I turned 50 in July and we all went camping to celebrate, son daughter in law, 2 grandkids, my 2 pups Daisy and Dexter and one pug my GranDOGhter Raven. The heavens opened on our last night and I thought - That's it. Now we have a van and no idea how to do the toilet stuff etc, so my sister a seasoned caravan traveller is coming to show me the ropes (that'll be a first)

Cant wait to get going and think our first stop will be an overnight stay 10 miles away at Huntly caravan Park to allow us to have a good look and try the awning out (wish me and my partner luck) Its all very exciting, and although my partner does not know it yet. I have already started to plan little trips where he can drop the van off and my girlfriends will join me for Gin on Wheels gatherings.

The possibilities are endless :cheer:

Thanks for letting me join Vanessa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Caravan spares like the ones your asking about will only normally be sold by caravan dealers or caravan breakers.

Partyvan said:
...I am about to insure the van but the previous owner had no idea as they only had it 6 months. Is there any quick way to find this out?...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that comment. but Insurance is something that you as the current owner needs to arrange, you can't just take over someone else's policy. Most insurance companies will offer caravan policies, but be warned the cover you get is very variable so look carefully. Also a policy is only as good as the way the company will respond when you have a problem, often the cheapest are very poor, and it actually pays to look at the caravan clubs (Caravan and Motorhome Club Caravan and Camping Club.)are the most effective.

Id suggest you try and obtain a copy of the caravans handbook. It should tell you more about the standard equipment in your caravan. You may also find that getting a copy of the Haynes Caravan Manual will lead you through many of your questions.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Vanessa, welcome to the forum and congratulations on buying your caravan.

New caravan spares are very expensive but there are quite a few caravan breakers who may stock the parts that you want. Be careful if you are thinking about replacing cabinets, these can often be part of the caravan structure.
Caravan insurance is not a legal requirement in the way that car insurance is, but of course it's highly desirable because the possibility of caravan theft can be high and if your caravan damages someone else's unit you are liable.
As the Prof mentioned, both clubs offer very good caravan insurance without too much small print to worry about.

There is a guide to toilet emptying Here and if you click on Advice from the yellow webpage header strip and then from the Advice page click the Categories box (top left) there will be lots of useful information which will describe how to get the best from your touring caravan.
Of course, if you have any questions just ask :)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on getting your caravan and hope you's get your bathroom units sorted. I hope you have lots of memorable weekends away in it and you'll not be bothered when the heavens open next time !

Craig

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Partyvan. I agree with the Prof's post and can confirm if you Google caravan breakers you can get a form to fill in with your needs and add photos if you wish and it circulates the members who will have a courier service if they have what you need. They will be second hand though so probably not perfect.
I assume the insurance reference is to the value of the caravan. I would suggest that you check on various dealers websites and see what they want for a caravan of similar age and spec to get an idea although these will be a bit high as they will allow something for negotiation.
Not sure what you have got as Eldiss and Swift are different manufacturers and I have never heard of the model you suggest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts