Where do I get rid of it?

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We have a new 3 piece suite being delivered on Tuesday,the old one leather on oak is in pretty good condition and it seems terrible to send it to landfill.I know there must be places that take these things for the less well off but i am struggling to find anywhere in the North Warks,South Staffs,South Derbys area.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Unless it has the most modern fire safety label charities are not allowed to take them.

mel

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
We send all our past furniture and not wanted items to the hospice, they then make money on it when they sell it on.

In our area East Cheshire Hospice has a warehouse they come an collect.

Try looking in yellow pages in your area for their telephone number and if you do decide to sell it to them you know its going to a good cause.

NigelH

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We have a great Freecycle group in our local area, and yesterday someone was giving away a Coachman Mirage caravan

"I have on offer a Coachman Mirage 440/50SE. It has a cassette toilet and hob. Now for the bad points: this van is filthy and I mean filthy ( been removed off a caravan storage site ). I'm wanting to get rid of it asap - no tyre kickers please. I'm giving this away - it needs a lot of cleaning inside especially so please dont apply for it unless you are really interested."

(it's already gone, so don't get your hopes up).

But he did say in his 'Taken' posting that there will be others shortly. We suspect it's from our storage site, where one of the 'eyesore' vans was being removed this morning.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Well thanks everyone for your suggestions and despite my best efforts I cant find anyone who wants them because we are either too far away or they are not as brand new (they are in good condition).Obviously if they were as brand new we wouldnt be buyiong new ones.So off to landfill they will have to go at least the rats and seagulls will have something to sit on (I said sit)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts