where do the brits go?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
me and my family are planning to go to spain this summer, can anyone suggest a nice area/site that is well used by brits? also is it easy enough to get any technical problems fixed whilst there?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The only Spanish campsite we have ever stayed at was 'El Delfin Verde' at Torroella di Mongri. That was a superb site and there were certainly many British campers - as well as Dutch, Belgians, French, Spanish, even Lichtensteiners!

The only slightly technical problem we encountered during our stay was a broken caravan door lock. We were reluctant to risk the long drive home with a door that was less than secure and failed to find a replacement lock of the right size in any of the caravan dealers we tried. We therefore contacted our insurers - we have the RAC Arrival scheme through the Camping and Caravan club. Within about an hour, they had sent a mechanic out to measure the lock and in not much more than another hour, he was back with the right item and fitted it on the spot! We had to pay for the replacement lock, but not the labour. I think it worked out at about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Funny thing, we are going to El delfin Verde, our first trip beyond France in the van. I take out Red Pennant insurance and hope I don't have to use it but if I do I'm sure they will have all the answers and help I need.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We (2 families in 2 units) are again going to El Delfin Verde, The green dolphin has a great sized pool but the bar/entertainment facilities get very crowded in high season.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can recommend the Costa Brava.We've been to the Playa D Aro/Palamos area for about 8 years. We liked Internacional de Calonge in Playa D'Aro. has excellent facilities. Its a set on a hill but is terraced. You can walk down to a lovely beach in a cove (you do of course have to walk back up but most people thought it worth it). A trick we did when we first went was to check the sites Eurocamp,Canvas Holidays etc use, this meant other English children plus the staff all spoke reasonable English.I wouldn't wory to much about problems with the van as this is area geared up for caravans. A lot of people use local caravan dealers to store their caravans( rather than tow them home)and have them serviced and delivered to the campsite for their hols. I've not had to use my insurance whilst away but I know from friends that the Caravan Clubs Red Pennant is good. I'm not sure though how thier prices compare

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with you Rob. It's hard enough trying to taste native Spain without all the forigners (us English) without going looking for them.

Pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We can recommend Cypsela in Pals on the Costa Brava. Very nice campsite, luxury rated, the only downside is there isn't much in walking distance around it, but the actual campsite is fantastic, we loved it, large pool, lovely bar, takeaway, immaculate facilities etc. Admittedly we only used Keycamp, didn't have our own van this time year but it was there that we got the bug for caravanning !! Two months later we had bought one and have already planned numerous trips. We are going to Cambrils Park near Salou in August. It also has good reviews although a little further to travel. Whereever you end up I am sure the sun will shine and all will be just great !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts