Where does one sell awnings etc

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi All

Could anyone recomend a suitable place to advertise my Isabella awning and porch please. We are picking our new caravan up in 12 days and it would fit inside the current awning. Its only a little caravan so we have decided that we don't need the porch either as putting the full awning up will probably be as quick. I don't mind paying for an advert if it is in a magazine that gets results but I don't want to wait for months on end before the advert appears. Its a shame there isn't an accessories section on the PC magazine forum or have I missed it? Has anyone else used a suitable medium to sell surplus caravan accessories recently?

Best wishes

Denise

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Denise

Unfortunately this website doesn't have a classified section for accessories despite repeated requests for one but most other caravan forums do make provision for sales of accessories.

There are also free advertising sites such as Preloved.

Practical Caravan magazine has a free classified ads section where you could advertise your awnings as well so a combination of all of the above ought to do the trick.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
depends where you are, I ahve sold two quite quickly on stuff for sale website, preloved is okay but not tried to sell an awning on it. There's always ebay as well of course

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Denise,

I don't know whether or not you have purchased your new awning. If not Glossop Caravans sell a large range of awnings and take your existing awnings in part exchange. They do mail order. I have had three awnings from them. They even took my Caravanstore (Fiamma) in part exchange for a larger one and gave me a good part ex price.

Hamer

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Hamer

I don't think trade in is an option this time as our larger Isabella is probably worth more second hand than the tiny Ventura we want is new. Thanks for the tip though.

Denise

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Denise,

As Parksy mentioned other forums do have areas to sell items. A couple of years back I sold an awning through the for sale section in the ukcampsite forum. Its free so nothing to lose!

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise

We have sold awnings on ebay, latest was listed last Saturday and sold by Tuesday, we also bought an unused Ventura awning off ebay absolutely as good as new, for a lot less than dealer price. If selling make sure you post decent pictures, and if buying you need to know the size you need and keep loking until you see the one that is suitable for you.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i have sold an ventura marlin on ebay and bought an isabella magnum and an annex aswell on ebay. there is a fee to put it on and a final value fee for whatever it sells for aswell.

which isabella is it?.

jo

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Dennise,

Sold my Isabella Capri last spring on e bay after listing it over 1 year un-successfully on Caravan Club site.

Ended up getting more than I advertised it for with CC.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi All

Thanks for your replies. My 1000cm Isabella is being collected tomorrow morning and we are delivering the Isabella Minor porch next week! We have also today collected a 825 cm Isabella for our new caravan. What an amazing site Preloved is!!!!!!!!!! And all without paying a penny in listing charges.

Denise

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Disadvantage with preloved is you have to set a selling price yourself and might not know what the item would fetch. I advertised my 4 year old awning with CC sales site for

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
We just had a good look through lots of similar adverts and worked out what we thought it was worth / what we wanted for it which was tied into what we would need to pay for replacements for our new caravan. We made sure the description was accurate and hey presto, we got a buyer within a few days. We have used ebay to sell some furniture and hated it. All that messing with pictures and wheeler dealers trying to get something for nothing. On this occasion, we are very happy with our fuss free experience. Of course it would be a boring world if we all wanted everything to be exactly the same as everyone else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts