Where does the PM get his fuel from?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On last night's One Show David Cameron said that he realised that high fuel prices were hurting the motorist and could affect the economic recovery. He then went on to say that diesel at £1.30 p litre was hurting. Where does he see fuel at that price, because he certainly does not buy it himself? Our local Texaco is now £1.44.9 and even the Tesco superstore own brand is £1.41.9. Can we expect then a 10p, or more reduction via the Budget. Dream on!

No I don't live on Orkeney.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
up untill last night diesel was £1:31.09 per litre round here (stockport) however today it has shot up to £1:35.09 and it looks like it is set to go a lot higher with the troubles with gadafi, apparently oil production is down by 90 % acording to todays times, soon we will see the oil rashioning and all the price hikes this brings with it, plus cameron and his brother in arms have both agreed once again to get involved in the troubles of a nation we have no right to be getting involved with so expect more middle east countries to restrict our flow of the black stuff putting more pressure on prices.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday oil prices fell as saudi arabia announced it has a surplus of production amounting to 3.5 million barrels per day.

it was announced on BBC news last night quote' WORLD OIL PRICES HAVE FALLEN Unquote'
So it looks like the oil companies are ripping us of again just behind the government

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
strange that since this is what the bbc are saying today;
"Oil prices have continued to increase further on worries that production could be disrupted amid continuing unrest in Libya.

US light, sweet crude was up $0.38 at $105.40 a barrel and had hit $105.92 earlier on Wednesday.
Brent crude was $2.60 up at $115.66 a barrel, having hit $116.18 earlier.
The latest price rises follow reported air strikes at an oil terminal near the rebel-held town of Ras Lanuf."

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree Libya only produces less than 2% of world supply and even without Saudi/Opec increases the demand was falling due to winter nearly being over. I firmly believe that UK oil outlets/companies are raising prices in advance of the Budget so that when the Government announces that the 5p fuel escalator will not be applied they can then gradually reduce prices in line with world prices before the Government announces the threat of another inquiry into UK fuel sales.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ICE MAKER
Does the libyan supply really affect the market

To put things in perspective, Libya produces about 1.6 million barrels of crude per day, compared with Saudi Arabia's daily production of 8.4 million barrels and worldwide production of 87 million barrels,

Less than 1% of world output (dont you think somebody is taking advantage of the news situation)

John

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, John, someone IS taking advantage ! Despite the PM and others spouting about " all being in it together", they are only interested in the fortunes of big business; NOT of Joe Public.
We the public have nobody to fight our corner, we can only sit on the sidelines and suffer in silence.

Have a nice year !

Derek

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
o.gif

a copy of the news page on 08/03/2011 BBC
Prices fell

British Broadcasting CorporationHomeSkip to content[*]Skip to local navigation[*]Skip to bbc.co.uk navigation[*]Skip to bbc.co.uk search[*]Help[*]Accessibility Help

Business

8 March 2011 Last updated at 22:43
Share this pageOil prices fall on Saudi comments and Opec talksContinue reading the main story
West Texas Intermediate Crude Oil Futures $/barrelLast Updated at 09 Mar 2011, 18:45 *Chart shows local time
chart
pricechange%104.86-
-0.09-
Oil prices fell on Tuesday after the Saudi oil minister said his country had 3.5 million barrels per day of spare capacity available, if it were needed.
"Saudi Arabia will continue to reliably meet the world's petroleum needs," oil minister Ali Al-Naimi said.
Oil prices dipped in evening trade with US light crude down 80 cents to $104.64 a barrel, and Brent crude down $2.38 at $112.66 a barrel.
Investors continue to watch Opec for any sign of an increase in output.
Members of the cartel of oil producing nations have been informally discussing whether an emergency meeting to discuss output levels was required.
Kuwait's oil minister said that Opec would now have to decide if there was a need to increase production.
"We are in consultations about a potential output increase," Kuwait's Sheikh Ahmad al-Abdullah al-Sabah told reporters.
However he added that Opec secretary general Abdallah El Badri was "calling everybody to reach a consensus over whether Opec needs to hold an emergency meeting" and that the group had taken no decision.
If there was such an emergency meeting, it would then decide on whether to increase output or not.
Continue reading the main story “Start Quote
A look back at history finds plenty of occasions when large increases in the oil price have been followed by recessions”End Quote
_48616219_flanders_stephanie_1442010.jpg
Stephanie Flanders Economics editor, BBC News 'Psychological' worries
Earlier, Iran's Opec minister Mohammad Ali Khatibi had told the Reuters news agency that there was "no shortage in the market" and "no need for further Opec supply".
He added: "But the consumers are worried, this is psychological."
Meanwhile, opposing forces - backing and rebelling against the rule of Muammar Gaddafi in Libya - are facing each other near oil terminals about 340 miles (550 km) east of Tripoli, rebels said.
The two sides have been skirmishing outside the oil town of Ras Lanuf.

More on This Story
Related Stories
Related Internet links The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

Share this page More Business storiesRSS
Top Stories Features & Analysis
  • Gas muzzlers
    Is saving fuel the new driving obsession?
  • Peas are good
    Spuds, neeps, leeks - just what is the UK's national vegetable?
  • Sex and the payslip
    The women accusing the world's biggest retailer of discrimination
  • In pictures
    Ten years after destruction of Afghanistan's Bamiyan Buddhas
Most PopularShared
  1. 1: Footballer tackles fan in mankini
  2. 2: Germany top for foreign students
  3. 3: Phil Collins confirms retirement
  4. 4: England 'healthier than the US'
  5. 5: Special needs 'help for families'
Read
  1. 1: 'Offensive' car sticker censored
  2. 2: UK anger as 'Iranian arms' seized
  3. 3: Battle rages for west Libyan city
  4. 4: Squatters in Gaddafi London home
  5. 5: Discovery set for final landing
  6. 6: Park apology over 'Giro Bay' map
  7. 7: Phil Collins confirms retirement
  8. 8: Oscar winner in stunt death trial
  9. 9: Zara Phillips sets wedding date
  10. 10: The women taking on Walmart
Video/Audio
  1. 1: Footballer tackles fan in mankini Watch
  2. 2: BBC News Channel Watch
  3. 3: BBC reports on Libya unrest Watch
  4. 4: Final landing of space shuttle Discovery Watch
  5. 5: Americans 'find Bigfoot body' Watch
  6. 6: 'I won £1.5m on a £2 horse bet' Watch
  7. 7: Shuttle Discovery's final spacewalk Watch
  8. 8: Are public toilets going down the pan? Watch
  9. 9: 'Bigfoot' is gorilla suit hoax Watch
  10. 10: John Lewis workers celebrate bonus Watch

Services About BBC News
Mobile
Search term: bbc.co.uk navigation
BBC links
dark.png

BBC © MMXI The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

End of panel. Back to top of panelClose Panel

Best matches for bbc news 8 march 2011 oil prices

8 March 2011 Last updated at 17:43 ET... Jump to text »
Related Stories. Should we fear the rising oil price? 07 MARCH 2011, BUSINESS... Jump to text »

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
john, no disrespect but that was yesterdays news ! this is todays !.

9 March 2011 Last updated at 17:42