Where have all the photos gone.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to be the fly in the ointment, but its a bit pointless having a photography section with no photography. Im afraid all I can see is broken links.

Reactions: Dodger524

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Most of the pictures were posted some time ago to the old forum.
I don't think that many of the pictures transferred to the new software, hence the broken links.
Perhaps when more of us are out and about some fresh pictures will be posted?

• Sad
Reactions: Dodger524
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I suspect its all to do with he way the BB handles code. Probably the pics are still linked but the code syntax is wrong. And with that thought, my own pics appear to be back. :rolleyes:

Hobbyt600

BANNED
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Although your photos are displaying (and I notice they are all now right way up) many are still not . Where Photobucket has been used in the past, if some of those photos are currently unavailable, a simple explanation might be that the people who provided links in their forum postings to those photos subsequently deleted the photos from Photobucket.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Although your photos are displaying (and I notice they are all now right way up) many are still not . Where Photobucket has been used in the past, if some of those photos are currently unavailable, a simple explanation might be that the people who provided links in their forum postings to those photos subsequently deleted the photos from Photobucket.
Hobby, Photobucket, stated they would no longer allow "third party " posting unless you paid, it was nothing to do with people deleting their own photos.

Hobbyt600

BANNED
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I’ve never had the need to use Photobucket, but I’m aware of their revised policy.

Browsing through the postings on the Photography sub-forum shows that some carry this Photobucket apology,

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 13.56.31.png

some include photos with a Photobucket ‘overlay’, and some lack photos that (presumably) used to appear but have no Photobucket apology. In the 3rd case I’m guessing that forum members employed a non-Photobucket host that is now defunct or problematical.

Obviously, if a posting provides a link to a non-existent image-hosting website, or the hosting website linked to no longer carries the photo, the photo will not appear on this forum. Nor (as you’ve said) if a hosting website no longer permits the linking capability.

Photobucket has been reporting site problems on Twitter since 18 December 2019 and work to fully resolve this was still in progress on 3 January 2020. (I’ve no idea if this will have any negative effect here.)

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Hobby
Any negative effects from the use of Photobucket or other picture hosting websites are highly unlikely to affect photos submitted to the forum on this software, any effects manifested themselves on the previous Kuena host software.
As previously mentioned, some pictures may have migrated here, some may not have done but at least members can submit their pictures direct since the recent website upgrade.
There's not a lot that can or will be done about the older material, the member may still have digital copies, but if they're not showing theyre gone unless re-submitted as far as we are concerned.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I did try posting one just to kick things off but it was too big. What size can it be?
Hmmm.
Good question and unfortunately I don't have an answer.
I just submitted a picture to see if any information came to light, the picture was loading until the error message to say that the picture was too big.
No other information was given.
I'd suggest cropping your picture as much as possible without losing what you want to show and using trial and error.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The photo I just took from my MAC and inserted into Aussie Mates was 2160x1440 and 684Kb. Not large by todays standards but back in 2005 that was quite spectacular!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This one is 2MB and insert without problem, so cropping or resizing would work okay, Don’t worry about the registration number i don’t have that one any longer 20150423-0003.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: electricianACDC

Hobbyt600

BANNED
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm.
Good question and unfortunately I don't have an answer.
I just submitted a picture to see if any information came to light, the picture was loading until the error message to say that the picture was too big.
No other information was given.
I'd suggest cropping your picture as much as possible without losing what you want to show and using trial and error.

I referred to this in the Forum Issues & Feeback section.

Files not exceeding 2Mb in size can be inserted into a posting. I’ve not confirmed which types of file can be used, but .jpg .jpeg .png or .gif should be OK.

Further experimentation indicates that the maximum size of a file to be used as an avatar seems to be 4Mb and the file type can be (at least) .jpg .jpeg .png or .gif (animated .gif files appear to function OK, but will undoubtedly infuriate other forum members).

Last edited:
Reactions: Parksy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts