Where have you fallen asleep

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Come on own up .................
smiley-embarassed.gif

We have all fallen asleep some where strange & not really realising you have done so,untill you wake up
smiley-laughing.gif

I went for a MRI scan this afternoon,
smiley-surprised.gif
the noisy thing put me to sleep for a good twenty mins
smiley-embarassed.gif

Good job i couldn't have rolled off the table due to the tight fit in the tunnel........
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Many years ago I used to run and operate a mobile disco and the Devon young farmers used to book us regulary for the barn dances,
trouble was there was no set finishing time.
So setting the scene; at about 4.00am and after a few drinkies (mate was driving) I asked my mate to take over for a few minutes whilst I had a break, so I went to the back of the barn and laid on a bench, fell asleep and two hours later, disco still going,

I was awoken and surrounded by baa ing SHEEP, scared the living daylights out of me
18.gif
18.gif

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Sprocket,
sounds like a "WOOSIE QUESTION TO ME
smiley-cool.gif
smiley-cool.gif
smiley-cool.gif
"
in my younger days when drinking and going out all weekend was the norm for a healthy young bloke "well for me it was anyway"
the booze and fatigue used to catch me out regulary , must admit I have woken up on sunday morning in some strange places,
these include,
under the pier in blackpool,
a park bench in harrogate,
a railway carriage in york museum "dont ask"
a static caravan on my own in scarborough.
a boat on leeds canal.
several bedrooms with unfamilier wallpaper.
and the worsed one being woken up by a train guard and told to get off the train as it had reached the end of the line??
where was I
smiley-undecided.gif
Sheffied central station, I had fallen asleep when I should have got off and had a 45mile journey home mostly walking that took most of the day,
I now remember why I gave up drinking and went teetotal "thanks sprocket
smiley-laughing.gif
"

These days I usually wake up in my chair after her endless "soaps" have sent me to sleep,

"Sir chunky"

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Generally in bed, but once on a hot summers day at the wheel of my lorry,stationery at the traffic lights in Leominster! Apparently the lights changed four times before the copper behind me realised, as he'd been dozing as well!

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
As a young soldier stationed in Germany in the early 70’s I was partial to the odd beer or 15 and fell asleep (or rather woke up) in too many strange places to list.
smiley-embarassed.gif
smiley-embarassed.gif
Recently though I fell asleep in the dentist’s chair whilst waiting for the injected anaesthetic to take effect prior to having one of my few remaining teeth extracted.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Too many beers at a business do in London fell asleep on the train and woke up in the Brighton Marshalling yards. Had to wait until 6.00am for the first train back to Burgess Hill.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Too many beers at a business do in London fell asleep on the train and woke up in the Brighton Marshalling yards. Had to wait until 6.00am for the first train back to Burgess Hill.
I did the same on a train from Paddington to Reading - woke up in Wales somewhere.
It's a very long time ago so no letters of indignation but I was fortunate enough to fall asleep at the wheel in the middle lane of the M6 in Cumbria - I say fortunate as I was doing 70mph but there was nothing else around and the rumble strips at the edge of the hard shoulder are very effective.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Ummm,
Often at the dining or kichen table, during or after a meal, pubs, restaurants, doctors surgery, dentists surgery, outside the awning, inside the awning, a couple of dinner parties, M3 inside lane, A36 from Salsbury to Landford, need I go on??? Oh and okay I sleep walk and talk as well!! The latest was telling swimbo I would find her somewhere to have a banana split without bananas!!!! Woke up on the drive a few mornings ago having come down apparently asleep and letting the dowgs out. Couldn't get in because we hadn't unlocked yet! was really confused as to how I got there!!

Gosh that looks bad!!

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Dear martin24
I have read a few of your recent posts and now i`m a little bit scared i know being a member of the woosie club i should be but for someone who wants a shot gun and sleep walks and walks through closed doors one of us needs help my friend

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I fell asleep once on some sandbags in Abergavenny Cattle Market, although if I'm honest, I'm not sure it was 'asleep' and was technically more 'passed out after a long long day in Abergavenny's many hostelries'.

I was driving up from Lyon to Paris and fell asleep while driving along. I was concentrating so much on staying awake suddenly I was dreaming about staying awake. The rumble strip woke me up. That was 10+ years ago and gave me a shock - now if I'm tired I stop for a snooze straight away. Coffee or getting out to stretch my legs doesn't work for very long, but 15 to 20 minutes of shut-eye does the job. Much more aware of it now.

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
kopite said:
could have been painful if you'd slipped off your saddle onto the crossbar ZeGecko!?!!?!
Ha Ha
Even I'm not stupid enough to try cycling at that altitude, we had enough problems with an engines to do the work. Thin air and not feeling well is a bad mix
smiley-cry.gif

TRENDING THREADS