Where in France to go?

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

We are to be in our second year of caravanning and want to go back to France again. Last year we got Norfolk Line to Dunkirk for £78. Does anyone know of any offers for this July/August?

Last year we went to Revin in Ardenne and Colmar in Alsace staying on Municipal sites. Revin was ok but we really liked Alsace, there seemed to be lots to do with 2 young children, stork park, mountains, strasbourg etc.

This year we are thinking of Burgundy for 3/4 weeks. Can anyone recommend any good value sites? Also, am still open to any other suggestions of good regions to go but don't want a beach centred holiday. Would ideally like to be able to take cycle paths out of campsite too on some days.

Thanks

Steve

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Stephen - last year Norfolk Line did a bargain offer at the NEC caravan show in February. They had a similar offer in October this year, and we booked car and caravan, and two people for

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just checked and for 2010 Gites des Bains takes Camping Cheques up to 26 June, and again from 3rd July to the end of the season.

I should have said that the

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Val, don't know much about camping cheques. We stayed on municipal sites last year. I think I got the deal through the caravan club last year i March so will sit tight.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Val, don't know much about camping cheques. We stayed on municipal sites last year. I think I got the deal through the caravan club last year i March so will sit tight.
lol, just went to copy the link to the campsite and read the a and the i the wrong way round, would have made for a rather alternative holiday!

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
It looks like 25 Euros on theor website. Do camping cheques get you some kind of discount? Possibly more entertainment than we need but does look pleasant for that kind of thing.

Thanks for your input Val.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Stephen - yes Camping Cheques get you a discount, usually in what the site defines as low-season - but the dates are different from site to site. Basically you buy the Camping Cheques up front

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts