Where to buy my Awning?

DJC

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi. Im looking at buying an Awning and I am relatively new to caravanning. I was looking for some advice on which dealer to buy my Awning from. Im not sure which Awning to go for and am looking for a dealer with excellent product knowledge and a good after sales service.

I am based in the North of England so a local dealer would be an advantage.

If anyone has encountered good or bad customer service when purchasing an awning I would very much like to hear from you.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I hate to reccommend Discover, but their awning staff at what used to be Harringtons in Delamare Forest were very helpful to me when I had a problem, even though I hadn't bought the awning from them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
North West. Lancashire
hi.

glossop caravans is probably the best thats nearest to you,usually pretty good with awnings,have always got a lot erected so you can see them in the flesh so to speak,pricematch too,they did with me on a doerema awning.theve got a website.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I had a look around Campbells in Preston (or thereabouts) a few weeks ago when I went over to pick up a sun canopy from a private buyer who lived near there. They have a good selection of awnings, and when I asked the chap a price for something he was very apologetic because he didn't think he could find it - and then followed me to give me the answer I was looking for.

I didn't buy anything, but was quite impressed with the service.

We bought our previous awning years ago from Glossop Caravans - and they had a good selection too but that may be out of the area you're looking for.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I had a look around Campbells in Preston (or thereabouts) a few weeks ago when I went over to pick up a sun canopy from a private buyer who lived near there. They have a good selection of awnings, and when I asked the chap a price for something he was very apologetic because he didn't think he could find it - and then followed me to give me the answer I was looking for.

I didn't buy anything, but was quite impressed with the service.

We bought our previous awning years ago from Glossop Caravans - and they had a good selection too but that may be out of the area you're looking for.
Sorry, that should have read 'seller' - I bought it from ebaby and picked it up near Preston!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
He'll know all about Campbells Val

I think that the originator of this topic is looking for some free publicity and is not as 'new to caravanning' as he would have us believe.

Nice one, top marks for trying D J C!

Speak to the Practical Caravan advertising department DJC, I'm sure that they'll fix something up for you ;O)

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Bardsea Laisure, Ulverston is quite good for awnings. They also have a few erected on display. I suppose it depends where in Lancashire you live. I live in Lancashire but can be at Bardsea in half hour. Good Luck, Dan.

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I have sold two and bought two awnings, both full and porch awnings on that well known web auction site, they have been second hand but always in pristine condition and paid about half the price of a new one.

Of course there is always a risk using an auction site.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
l would recomend Discover like Emmerson but at Chorley.

l had brilliant sales people for both awnings l bought Harrington full, an Inca porch. wasn't pushed ito buying allowed to walk round then was given advise on the right size for my van.

Wonderful new store with lots of awnings laid out.

NigelH

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
give NR a call, you buy it direct from them and they delivery promptly, they are cheaper than most but are as good in quality, but the best thing has to be their customer service, its the best you will find, in the 19yrs i've been caravanning i will only buy NR

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
try higbridge caravans they deliver best price on my isabella. theres also raymond james caravans there relocating so all caravans awning etc are going cheap. they also deliver and have an ebay account with some awnings on there. google them.

there also jackson of arley they also deliver and are good on prices aswell.

jo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts