Which BBQ to Buy

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I would like to buy a Gas BBQ for our caravan and wondered if anyone can recommend any.

I quite like the Cadac Eazi Chef, anyone have one of these?

Thankyou for any help

Sandie

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I have the Cadac Eazi Chef and I love it. Cooked everything from bacon and eggs to chicken curry on it. We once went away for a fortnight and never used the cooker in the van once.

The only downside is the weight - they are heavy but I would not be without mine.

Mike Mc

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
I have the Cadac, and yes they are heavy but they are not really BBQs (no lavastone), they are gas multifunction outdoor cookers. Great and while heavy they do come apart and fit into a small package.

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
We had this dilema at the weekend when we went to buy our Cadac.

My Husband decided that he wanted the one that does everything, roasts a chicken the lot.

However, with a price tag of

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
You would be surprised how many ways you would end up using your Cadac, you soon get fed up eating BBQed burgers and sausages. In the Ulster Centre of the Caravan Club having a Cadac is almost compulsory :))).

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
You would be surprised how many ways you would end up using your Cadac, you soon get fed up eating BBQed burgers and sausages. In the Ulster Centre of the Caravan Club having a Cadac is almost compulsory :))).
oh no, now I am confused.

Do we actually need the Cadac or is it useful to have but not necessary!!!

Those that have it, do they find they prefer using it to there oven and hob in the caravan?

Also 13kgs means nothing to me, can someone give a comparison of the weight.

Thank you so much for all the advice

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
oh no, now I am confused.

Do we actually need the Cadac or is it useful to have but not necessary!!!

Those that have it, do they find they prefer using it to there oven and hob in the caravan?

Also 13kgs means nothing to me, can someone give a comparison of the weight.

Thank you so much for all the advice
First 13kg is about 2 stone in old Imperial units, so it is quite heavy, but you do not need to carry the whole BBQ every trip if you know you will only use it cook burgers etc. I would say it is well worth the money as it allows a wide range of cooking to de done outdoors, thus reducing the nasty cooking smells that can impregnate the soft furnishings inside the caravan. The Cadac is also much easier to clean than the standard gas BBQs (if you avoid using the BBQ style grid, and use the solid metal cooking surface instead. As I said the Cadac is not really a BBQ, it is a portable gas cooking system. In good weather we would only ever use the cooker in the van for oven use, never the grill or hob as we use the Cadac for those functions to avoid the smells.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
First 13kg is about 2 stone in old Imperial units, so it is quite heavy, but you do not need to carry the whole BBQ every trip if you know you will only use it cook burgers etc. I would say it is well worth the money as it allows a wide range of cooking to de done outdoors, thus reducing the nasty cooking smells that can impregnate the soft furnishings inside the caravan. The Cadac is also much easier to clean than the standard gas BBQs (if you avoid using the BBQ style grid, and use the solid metal cooking surface instead. As I said the Cadac is not really a BBQ, it is a portable gas cooking system. In good weather we would only ever use the cooker in the van for oven use, never the grill or hob as we use the Cadac for those functions to avoid the smells.

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
This is also our first trip in our caravan over Easter as we recently purchased it, the trouble with me I want all the gear now but then have to say I love these forums as you certainly get some great advice!

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Sandra

If it was me, I would go for the Cadac!!!

It packs really small into a bag for transportation.

We have a roof box for the car, so the awning and bbq will go in there. I'm sure the novelty of attaching the legs will wear very thin with hubby.

For us, it was just the cost which after a few months if it is affordable then we will also be purchasing one.

Where are you going for you first trip? We are off to Blackmore CC site for a week. I have been sorting all the bedding out this afternoon and am really excited. After being away with my parents in their van for so long, I still cannot quite believe we have our own now. Hope you have a lovely time x

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Sandra

If it was me, I would go for the Cadac!!!

It packs really small into a bag for transportation.

We have a roof box for the car, so the awning and bbq will go in there. I'm sure the novelty of attaching the legs will wear very thin with hubby.

For us, it was just the cost which after a few months if it is affordable then we will also be purchasing one.

Where are you going for you first trip? We are off to Blackmore CC site for a week. I have been sorting all the bedding out this afternoon and am really excited. After being away with my parents in their van for so long, I still cannot quite believe we have our own now. Hope you have a lovely time x
Hi Sam

We are off to Riverside caravan park in Stratford Upon Avon,I am so excited even more so than my husband and children. I started putting food and little things in the caravan yesterday and that fuelled me even more.

In the past we have camped but not very often due to the weather and hassle of getting everything together, since getting the caravan I have booked quite a few weekends away so I really hope we do enjoy our first trip.

With regards to the Cadac I think I will purchase one.

I also hope you have a great time

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Can't understand this, pay 14K for van with all the bells and whistles and we still need more, coming from a butchering family my steaks cook just as good in cooker supplied with my van, if l use a barbie do what the Aussies do use a throw away one and get straight on the tinies, don't have to clean the darn thing up, just stick in the bin.

NigelH

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Whilst I don't have a Cadac I bought another make which looks similar (but can't remeber what make it is now - all will become clear!) It was a bargain as I bought it in the winter so got loads of money off it.

That said, I have used it once as I can't be bothered to keep cleaning it, which is why I can't remeber the make of it!!

As Nigel H says buy the throw away ones. No messy cleaning, very lightweight and do the job just as well. We always keep a pack of 4 in the van (they work out at about a pound or two each I think)and I have a stand which they slot onto so that they are off the ground. I saw some of the stands in Campbells Caravan shop at the end of last month.

Sue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts