Which brand least likely to leak?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Again these are generally heavier built caravans and the problem with the rest might be they spend too much time getting the weight down and end up with flimsy models.

Unfortunately this will always be the case as car manufacturers are making cars lighter every year in an effort to win the economy battle.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Again these are generally heavier built caravans and the problem with the rest might be they spend too much time getting the weight down and end up with flimsy models.

Unfortunately this will always be the case as car manufacturers are making cars lighter every year in an effort to win the economy battle.

And our roads are diabolical in too many areas which must surely add to the stress on a caravan with its inadequate suspension design with lack of travel or suitable damping.
But saying that I’ve had Eldiss, ABI, Bailey, Trigano, and Swift and they have all leaked, sorry to say even when Bailey introduced the acclaimed Series 5 that had a new front and a new rear panel within the first three years. The Sprite Swift has also had a new rear panel at year 4. It seems to me that when a newer design van has problems with panels it’s going to be very expensive to fix if warranty doesn’t cover it. Many dealer insurance warranties do not cover panel problems. At least the old vans we had years ago were relatively easy and cheaper to fix providing you discovered it in good time.

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
otherclive said:
Are you naturally so abrasive or are you working at developing your skill in that direction?

Always ironic when someone is abrasive while accusing you of the same.

I did expect it from the guy who insist no-one knows which caravans are more leak-prone than others, though. You're very emotionally invested in that idea, I get that, and I said so. No need to shitpost your insults on an otherwise useful forum.

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Parksy said:
The guy obviously knows all of the answers already so I won't be wasting my time trying to offer any further advice

You mean advice like "You can google it yourself, you obviously have an Internet connection."? That's your idea of trying to offer advice?

As for me obviously knowing all the answers, how ironic that you interpret me not agreeing that no-one knows which caravans leak more, means I have the answers. That's quite a mental leap you made there. Kudos, my friend! ;) :p

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Thingy said:
[

As has been said, there hasnt been any sort of reliability study in the UK, such as the ones for cars, so the data you are looking for has never been collated.

Yes, that is why I came to a user forum. :)

Thank you!

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
ProfJohnL, you are saying that it's my opinion that no-one knows which caravans leak more than others, whereas it's your opinion that no-one does. Fascinating theory, professor! It's not one rooted in practicality or common sense, but one could create a simplistic case for it on paper. ;)

ProfJohnL said:
As for my comment to you about doing your own research, No one on this forum is paid or obliged to do research for other forum members.

I never said they were. Why try to mischaracterize my words here, John? Tsk, tsk.

ProfJohnL said:
searching for all moulded caravans is not for me.

Again, I never asked you to. Quite dishonest of you to respond as if I did.

ProfJohnL said:
I always post in good faith

No, we just saw evidence to the contrary.

Since you repeatedly are posing NOT about caravan leakage but instead with useless comments ("you can look it up yourself") and misrepresentations of what I said, please don't respond on this thread further unless you have some useful information about caravan leakage.

Best of luck to you with whatever your underlying issues are, my friend!

:)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
After removing four of this persons most recent insulting responses I've seen enough.
Permanently banned

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello John.

Its good to hear a positive comment about a manufacturer especially on teh matter of water ingress.

There will be other members who I am sure can report that thier UK caravan has not had a problem for the same number of years, but as they say a Swallow does not make a summer,

The problem is not that UK caravan makers can't design a leak proof caravan, they just can't or won't make them consistently.

I'm pretty certain that if you were able to survey Fednt owners some of them will also report some damp issues, whether the proportions of failure to good would be the same I don't know, so your failth in the marque may be justified.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts