Which Caravan Mover do I Buy ?

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Looking at buying a Caravan mover for our single axle Abbey.

Currently considering Truma, Reich or Powrtouch with a self actuator mechanism.

Could anybody help with the pros and cons of these as well as there own experiences when purchasing.

Thanks

Simon

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
For us Power touch every time. they were the 1st to offer a no quible 5 year guarantee, any problems they will repair it at your chosen location ( dont have to take it to a dealer) in 4 years the only problem we have had is a sheared pin ( which was my fault) and it was fixed the following weekend. Just had our mover transferred from the single to our twin axle and I believe that power Touch are the only ones whose mover can be transfered in this manner.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi.

I use the Rhyno and found it to be very good, again 5 year guarantee, the unit can be transfered to other vans, but requires diffrent wiring and controller I think for twin axle. Lightest, most clearance and lots of torque. Price fitted eight weeks ago on single axle

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't touch a Rhyno with someone elses bargepole! mine fell apart first time out.if anyone needs a spare roller bearings spacers and associated bits and bobs they're somewhere between Bideford and Ilfracombe. Whilst the supplier/manufacturer did everything possible to sort it they are just not as well engineered as the powertouch we now have.

paul.

Apr 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Paul I have had a Reich caravan mover fitted to my Swift Corniche for the last three years and wouldn't be without it.Have had no trouble with it at all and two of my friends have Reich mover and they have had no trouble in fact one of them has just had his transfered to his new van.Peter

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We have a Truma TE fitted to our TA 1850kg van. It works really well, in fact Val has been trained up in its use , and now parks the van just where she wants it to be !!!!

Val & Frank

Aug 7, 2006
Visit site
We bought a powrtouch about 2 months ago....should have bought one years ago...worth every penny and no more of my wife getting irate because I dont understand her instructions and arm waiving when reversing to hitch up.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Eric

" worth every penny and no more of my wife getting irate because I dont understand her instructions and arm waiving when reversing to hitch up ".

Agreed 100%

Frank

RJC

Jul 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Litespeed

Go with the Powrtouch. They will price match so will not be any more expensive and I guarantee you will be impressed with their customer service - it is second to none.

Cheers

RichardC

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice.

Before the posting I had secretly made my mind up for a Truma SE.

Dur to all the positive remarks it has since changed and I will be buying the POWRTOUCH model in the next couple of weeks when we return from the next trip away.

Thanks

Simon

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Simon, You've made the right choice, as I said in an earlier post mine is being fitted next Wednesday and I can't wait. Don't forget to contact the company and see if you can get it for the bargain price of

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
I have had two powertouch models one a single axle and one a twin axle version, both where superb in every way. the soft start is as it says a soft start and the power from the motors is without any rival.

We had no choice but to have a reich mover on our new van as we used a different dealer to our usuall one for supply and cost reasons and this dealer only fits reich movers, all i can i say is if i had not ever had a powertouch i would think the reich was fine, but i have had powertouch so i know the difference and the reich is not a patch on powertouch, the mechanism for winding on the rollers is a pain in the a**e and takes ages and on more than one occasion has resulted in smashed knuckles on the ground, the motors are just too close to the ground and constantly get clouted on speed humps and the soft start is anything but soft plus despite many attempts to line it up the thing still pulls the van to the right, it just will not run in a straight line.

ALL in all from my experiance of the two movers the reich does the job but is poor compared to the powertouch which in my opinion and the opinion of most others on the forum is the best mover you can buy.

Ps i know you can buy an electric actuater for the reich but as ive said the unit is not very good so im not wasting any more cash on it and would not recomend it to anyone.

Feb 4, 2007
Visit site
I have been using a reich for a year and have had no problems with it. I use my drill to engage it and it goes in a straight line on a flat surface. Only problem is I've forgotten how to reverse.

Colin.

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
We have a Powertouch fitted to our single axel Abbey. We've had this for 2 years & so far have had no problems.
As someone that has over the years had much experience with motor movers supplying and fitting.Indeed dealt with a lot of companies in the leisure industry i now only supply and fit one type.Powrtouch.It is streets ahead and there after sales is second to none.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts