Which caravan?

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
I am thinking about changing vans from a twin axle fixed bed, to a single axle-fixed bed, side washroom. Has anyone experienced a lunar lexon CS or a Swift Challenger 550 or anything else for that matter?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martyn, have experience of the Bailey Vendee - both the 2003 and series5 models. Looked at either the Swift or Sterling version - think it was the Swift - before buying the 5. Decided that the Bailey offered better value for money and also preferred not having to have a leg amputated just below the knee because the bed was not rectangular and the lighter finish. Have thought of buying a twin axle but I am put off by the difficulty of manoeverability on site / storage. We find the Vendee of adequate size - there is not the luxury of a large end washroom but rate the bed above the washroom - which one do you spend most time in. Also prefer the 'L' shape lounge and the fact that the whole bed tilts up to give under-bed access rather than just half.

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
Martyn, have experience of the Bailey Vendee - both the 2003 and series5 models. Looked at either the Swift or Sterling version - think it was the Swift - before buying the 5. Decided that the Bailey offered better value for money and also preferred not having to have a leg amputated just below the knee because the bed was not rectangular and the lighter finish. Have thought of buying a twin axle but I am put off by the difficulty of manoeverability on site / storage. We find the Vendee of adequate size - there is not the luxury of a large end washroom but rate the bed above the washroom - which one do you spend most time in. Also prefer the 'L' shape lounge and the fact that the whole bed tilts up to give under-bed access rather than just half.
Give me an end bathroom everytime. Do you really wish to use the PUBLIC CONVENIENCES where thousands have gone before? or use YOUR OWN PRIVATE FACILITIES which nobody else has access to? Do you know what OTHER people leave on the seat or in the shower!!! the greater majority of people use sleeping bags or sheets therefore containing their own germs and whatever to themselves!! its not the same in LAVATORIES or what they get up to in SHOWERS!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts