Which Caravan?

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a ford mondeo 130hp 07 2.0 TDCi (previous shape) and am looking to buy a 4 berth caravan with rear wash room.

I am very concerned about weight/stability as I am a total novice with soon to be two young children. Any recommendations on suitable caravans gratefully received.

Thanks

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Michael,

85% of Your kerb weight is around 1250kg so you will be looking at something like the Bailey ranger GT 510/4 ive had a look at other

makes but all seem to be over the 1400kg mark, this is if your

thinking of buying new.

There are alot of older vans out there with the layout you would like with lower weights you just need to trall the forcourts to find them.

Hope that helps a bit

Kevin

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
try the sprite alpine 4 or the older major 5 they should be a good price now as the new 5 births are out alpine has fixed bed the major 5 is a double dinnet.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Michael,

Take a look at the Adria Altea range if you want to buy new. The 390DS is very compact for a four berth and weighs in at 1100Kg, but the 542 models are a lot of van for the money (and the weight) as both are six berths but weigh in at 1300kg.

Pre-2009 models are not as smart looking but they still very light, bright and breezy

If shopping used, the Lunar Chateau models tended to weigh in on the light side too. There is a buying guide in the March issue which is on sale now.

Hope than helps

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

See us on Twitter
See us on Facebook

Hope than helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts