Which Club is better?

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
I have been caravanning for most of my life, and have been a member of both the The Camping & Caravanning Club, and Caravan Club on and off.

I was wondering what the more experienced club members would advise new comers when it comes to making a choice on which Club to join. I currently prefer Caravan Club, as the web site is far superior to the Camping and Caravanning Clubs site, and I find the site facilities are of a higher standard. I know quite a few Caravanners who also prefer the Caravan Club sites because it means they don't have to share facilities with Campers, who by the nature of the holiday they choose, use the site facilities far more.

Any comments, positive and negative?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tough one and down to personal choice. I am a member of both but will not be renewing my CCC membership this year simply as I find the sites of lower quality than the CC and generally not as nice.

My advice would be CC- but there will be just as many who think the other way!

If rules, and night rates continue to increase- maybe the independants will win the day in the future? Who knows?

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sonic

I agree with Paul, especially about costs! I think that the CC sites just have the edge, the mag. is better but my gripe with the CCC at the moment is the penalty payment being charged for early arrival. I think this is totally contrary to what camping and caravanning is supposed to be about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't think the 'which club is best?' approach is particularly helpful. I would always recommend joining both and then deciding - almost invariably, by this route, you will find that you use one much more than the other, or simply feel more at home with one.

We chose to stay with the Camping and Caravanning Club, but interestingly, mostly for the same reasons that others chose the CC - we thought the magazine was better, the 'greener' sites, with grass and wood rather than concrete and brick seem to us pleasanter and the fact that they have to cater for campers needs tends to mean that the facilities are that little bit better! So, with similar criteria, we reached a different decision.

I would never say that either club was bad - it really is a question of lifestyle - in the same way that some people like gardens full of paving and decking and others prefer lawn and flowers (and weeds)! This hobby is about enjoying our leisure time - I support everyone's choice to do it in the way that gives them maximum enjoyment, with one club, or both, or even none, if they prefer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts